cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest news this morning

The other site is not even going to make you join prime for free shipping. No minimum amount and it starts today.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: The latest news this morning

But their prices are higher and sellers are worse, 🙂

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

I have no cause for concern about this myself because...

1:  The majority of the stuff I deal in would likely not be found over there anyway.

2:  I know there are plenty of people who won't darken the virtual door of Amazon, and would rather pay more elsewhere (to even include here) than knowingly give A any business.

And on that note, time to process this latest order (another $3 roll of Necco Wafers, this time on my micro payments only eCrater store of all places; an account that has had a grand total of 3 sales since I opened it in 2014.)

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

AND it ticks me off I'm paying $119/yr for Prime which entitles me to free shipping. Maybe that's why the cost of Prime memberships went up this year... so the rest of us could subsidize everyone else.  😞

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

AND it ticks me off I'm paying $119/yr for Prime which entitles me to free shipping. Maybe that's why the cost of Prime memberships went up this year... so the rest of us could subsidize everyone else.  😞

Well, someone has to pay for the 'free shipping.'   Actually, 'free shipping' is one of the best deceptions that has been enacted  on the buying public for a long time.    Anyone who thinks it is free, most likely, is  sufferering from temporary diminished brain function.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

@tkinnebrew wrote:

But their prices are higher and sellers are worse, 🙂

If you look for someone on here with FR/GD (equivalent to prime shipping/returns), prices aren't really worse anymore.

That's one reason I've been saying eBay should come up with a better plan or help with shipping rates... because in many cases, FBA actually SAVES a bit of money on shipping compared to current eBay prices if you do FR/GD. Because your shipment is all paid in bulk, so items that are either very low or high in weight, save quite a bit on shipping fees.

EBay basically just confirmed with their new announcement about China, that they are able to get better rates than they are giving US sellers. Yet the shipping rates they give us are still higher than USPS Commercial Plus....?

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Wrong, I purchased something and it would have been $5.99 shipping without the membership.

BTW, why would you want to promote a competing site! Sellers complain of low to no sales, yet they post this type of info here. Not a good thing.
Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Perhaps they will slightly increase the prices of widgets to non-Prime buyers as they do for Prime members.  Local Seattle TV station did a feature on this a few years ago when displayed prices for Prime members were slightly higher than non-prime members.  Always a good idea to clean out your cookies before you shop. 

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Just saw that on the news! 😞

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

It's still a great deal for me. I use it several times a week. I always check prices too so it depends where you live. Here in the Boston suburbs everything costs more than probably anywhere else in the country. In the area of the suburbs I live it's more expensive than in other suburbs of Boston.

Prime is a lifesaver for me.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Only for items - Amazon it self sells - not 3rd party sellers.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Livadia, Shame on you! And you don't feel like a traitor?

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

The value in that $119 prime membership just went down by about 1/6. Amazon is genius for selling you "free" shipping.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Free shipping free returns, next it will be free item. Never know how all these websites will be competing with each other next. We got two for one here going on now, not really, just buy in quantities and save which is GOOD as long as the prices are set right. As for selling similar items here that are also on the AMZ, your shipping better be free. AMZ also is getting a new warehouse or something like that in Virginia. Next, the world. The radio show also noted that they are giving B&M SMALL sellers a really hard time to compete. 

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

"BTW, why would you want to promote a competing site! Sellers complain of low to no sales, yet they post this type of info here."

----------

The OP is not promoting our competitors.

They are showcasing something that eBay sellers need to study.

We, eBay sellers, will be competing with Amazon

to get Holiday sales...

We want the buyers to buy from us .. here.

OP is showing us what we are up against.

I believe market and industry analysis is a good thing.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 15 of 38
latest reply