cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last 12 years have been fun, but its time to jump this sinking ship.

When you only sell two items a year, there's something wrong and I don't see it getting any better here.

Want to wish you all Good Luck, Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas.

Have a great day
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: The last 12 years have been fun, but its time to jump this sinking ship.

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Well, always in the back of my mind for 15 years on here. Been a lot of changes mostly for the good within those years. Then something happened the year Devin Wenig left and the stock devils took a hold of this place like a pack of hungry wolves. Following their directions from there and here we are. Might get a lot better or a lot worse. Say some prayers.

Wenig was no great shakes - just another rent-a-CEO who didn't seem to really know what he was doing. Jamie is at least trying. I think he sees one thing - there is so much competition now that eBay will never go back to what it was. People not shopping here may be shopping on TEMU at this point.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 61 of 70
latest reply

Best wishes, old chap — "ebay shipping" probably did it

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

YEAH, The territory on the internet is so vast right now. It’s a challenge. I think Jamie knows what he is doing I have faith in his approach. 

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

I don’t want to be broadcasting here too ouch about this Temu thing, but man do these people have the marketing going on their stuff. Incredible website with games to play to get free merchandise and constantly lowering prices when you have them in their cart.  Coupons constantly. They are fierce.

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

Jamie was also a pioneer in the Walmart/Sam’s Club internet start. He has a lot of experience.

Message 65 of 70
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

It scares me to think what these families do when they have many children to feed, they have to work, have to pay for day care AND pay the rest of the bills. Rent is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Prices to buy a hone still WAY up there. 

Right now, I'd hate to have to pay rent or make a house payment.
My house and both vehicles are paid off so that helps a lot.
My daughter has 6 kids and she had to take a big pay cut a couple years to keep her job.
She couldn't afford her rent so her and the kids moved in with me.
I watch them while shes at work so she doesn't have to pay any daycare.
I pay the bills and she takes care of the food and household goods.

Have a great day
Message 66 of 70
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

As they should pay the bulk.  They hoard the bulk of the money!  Who NEEDS $8 billion????!!!!!  

Me.

Don't need that much, but half would sure help.

Have a great day
Message 67 of 70
latest reply

Well   the last Ceo  that Jamie replaced  was trying to fix the damage  done by Donahue   ,But didn't finish the job .  Ebay needed to stay with what got it to the mountain top  with the hard to find items  and  good's never  sold on  the other sites .  

Message 68 of 70
latest reply

I don't agree!  by focusing  on   commercials  to a small buyer market  that buy's Luxury goods  makes no sense  too not include rest of site. .

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

I don't agree!  by focusing  on   commercials  to a small buyer market  that buy's Luxury goods  makes no sense  too not include rest of site. .

Since none of us have access to eBay's high resolution financials and none of us are CMO's or even qualified to run the varied statistical analysis, general market analysis more or less understand what we're looking at... Rather moot.

Message 70 of 70
latest reply