cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The System Needs Attention

I recently relisted several items and in the process of doing this I have now stumbled into even more system glitches, as they're called.

Without going into lengthy detail on each that would fill a page or two - sorry post repeaters, I'm denying you the enjoyment of tedious repeating, rehashing quoting, copy and pasting for added redundancy every post to add three of four words, even relevant ones.

I conclude there may be some deeply rooted serious problems with eBay's listing and selling software programs that they may not be able to correct. 

Time will tell and eBay has smart people hopefully working on at least some of it.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: The System Needs Attention

I would not be surprised if they are not working on some fancy stuff they want to roll out/introduce at Ebay Open and it isn't going as well as planned.

I did hear that Ebay employees would be starting to test the new payment processing thing so I would guess they want to dazzle everyone at Ebay Open with how well it works.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Without going into ANY detail, we have no idea what glitches or issues you are referring to. You imply that these are new issues you just discovered, and posting this without any detail is doing a disservice to the other members of the community IMO.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You had me until you said "Hopefully, Ebay has smart people..." LOL  😉 

I personally appreciate NOT hearing repeats on 'known' issues. So are you referencing 'known' issues OR 'unknown'. Such as: are my listings going to mysteriously lose all pictures? Because I am still waiting for the GTC listings pictures that were lost a few weeks ago. I'm not sure I could take more of the same. That 'deeply rooted serious problems' phrase makes me a tad nervous. 

I feel mixed about the new payment processor. It seemed like when Paypal & Ebay split things went downhill very quickly. Now they seem to want to blame things on each other (I've been coached by Ebay CSR on what NOT to say to Paypal/vice versa). So maybe this could be a good change. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@duggmills wrote:

I recently relisted several items and in the process of doing this I have now stumbled into even more system glitches, as they're called.

Without going into lengthy detail on each that would fill a page or two - sorry post repeaters, I'm denying you the enjoyment of tedious repeating, rehashing quoting, copy and pasting for added redundancy every post to add three of four words, even relevant ones.

I conclude there may be some deeply rooted serious problems with eBay's listing and selling software programs that they may not be able to correct. 

Time will tell and eBay has smart people hopefully working on at least some of it.

Hard to say without details.  No way of knowing if it is pilot error, system error or by design.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Time will tell and eBay has smart people hopefully working on at least some of it. duggmills -------

Nah  - tulips 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

To borrow from Sec. Rumsfeld, there known unknowns, the things we know about but can't explain, and the unknown unknowns, things we don't know that we don't know about eBay that are surely going bite us in the butt at some point.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I suspect the reason the OP can't go into any details is because there aren't any. There are no new glitches associated with relisting items. 

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@futuretomorrow wrote:

I suspect the reason the OP can't go into any details is because there aren't any. There are no new glitches associated with relisting items. 

You can't speak for everyone.  You may feel you can, but there is no accuracy in that statement.  While I to am not experiencing any problems with relisting items, that does not mean that some other sellers might be.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply