cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That horrible dominance of Amazon .. or how eBay hopelessly lags behind

A widget I listed on eBay for nearly 2 months. 585 views, 6 watchers, not one single sale.
Yesterday, on a whim, I decide to list same widget on Amazon.
Same exact full retail price, seller fulfilled with paid shipping. So not Prime and not discounted one penny.
Within 30 minutes, the first one sold and 6 more (all inventory I have) in the next 4 hours.

Of course, let's see how many will be returned from that horror site that is Amazon.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: That horrible dominance of Amazon .. or how eBay hopelessly lags behind

No one is a cheerleader for unfairness that hits them as a seller, from scammers or even worse, online business partners.  And it happens all the time.  Everyone here is one algorithm error away of being permanently banned from selling.  Since no one will ever fix it because no one at ebay gives a rip if you are unfairly banned, its just a matter of when it will happen to you.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Ebay is not amazon and will never be. It's biggest problem now is that it keeps trying to be amazon while gaining no ground on them and losing the Collectibles  market share to up and coming selling sites. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Everyone that sells on ebay invests in the company

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

How is eBay trying to be Amazon? Where is the proof ?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply