cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for scamming us. GTC will KILL eBay.

I have been selling on eBay since 1998.  It was enough to change all my listings once USPS raised their rates.   Now eBay no longer has 30 day listings.  Just Good Til Cancelled.   It should be MY CHOICE what I decide to list in a 30 day period.   If I sell Christmas Ornaments the buying season ends in December.   I should be able to let these listings go dormant/hibernate for a few months.  I should not have eBay decide to keep listing these when I may have more seasonal products that will sell more efficiently.  There is no one buying X-Mas Ornaments in August.  Another good example.  If someone lists Baseball swag they may not want the listings automatically relisting during the Offseason.  Get it eBay.   I also have a account with eBay that allows me 250 Fixed Price Listings.  I try to not go over that amount.  If I want to deviate a bit I should not be forced to BURN MY FREE LISTINGS ON WHAT EBAY DECIDES I USE THEM ON!   THIS IS THE USA, I THOUGHT.  FREEDOM OF CHOICE.  I WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT I AM CURRENTLY SELLING.  IT SHOULD NOT BE EBAY'S DECISION TO JUST MANUALLY RELIST SOMETHING.    Also funny how they will collect their fees on listings THEY CHOOSE TO RELIST.

THERE IS PROBABLY A BUNCH OF OLD FOGIES WITH CIGARS IN A SMOKE FILLED ROOM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO BUY THERE WAY INTO THERE NEXT MASSAGE PARLOR SESSION.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Thanks for scamming us. GTC will KILL eBay.

I agree, I have been selling on ebay since 2001. These changes are not helpful at all. It is a shame because my sales have been up for the year. Many times I have over 150 items listed. That is a lot in listing fees if I do not cancel them before they get relisted. Many of my fixed price items have come to an end, I think I will just relist my top 15 selling items. My sales on Etsy last year far exceeded what I sold on ebay. That is where I will focus my time on until ebay makes some changes.

Message 31 of 86
latest reply

I just closed my store canceled all of my fixed price listing for 3 ebay accounts. I have a few auctions that are ending and then I am done. I think if more members like us - I've been Active since 2003 - leave eBay may get our message. If not... then I got the message. I am not valued on this platform any more. 

Message 32 of 86
latest reply

<CORRECTED>

THERE (ARE) PROBABLY A BUNCH OF OLD FOGIES WITH CIGARS IN A SMOKE FILLED ROOM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO BUY (THEIR) WAY INTO (THEIR) NEXT MASSAGE PARLOR SESSION.

Message 33 of 86
latest reply

You're right. This kills small businesses, who are probably the majority of ebay sellers. I just ended all of my listings. this was the last straw. I first noticed this morning that some things had been relisted without my input, and discovered the new policy. How awful. Done with it!
Message 34 of 86
latest reply

I did the same. This new policy is just irrational. I quit.
Message 35 of 86
latest reply

It's just their way of making more money through mandatory listing fees. There is no way to change the GTC designation, so I have closed all of my listings and will no longer deal with Ebay in any way.
Message 36 of 86
latest reply

You can cancel, but if you try to relist, they will only be relisted as Good till Cancelled. Not acceptable to me.
Message 37 of 86
latest reply

did you read what he said about seasonal items?

Message 38 of 86
latest reply

I have been selling on this site since 2012. I shut down today.  I will let the auctions run out too.  No more fixed price listings. It is almost craft Fair Weather and I can spend my time better making jewelry rather investing more time chasing ending dates on eBay. 

Message 39 of 86
latest reply

Ah, the grammar Nazi.   Was **bleep** and not worried about your type.  Keep to the subject.   

Message 40 of 86
latest reply

Also, it will encourage the use of promoted listings as listings become buried.

Message 41 of 86
latest reply

@punkparrots wrote:

I have been selling on eBay since 1998.  It was enough to change all my listings once USPS raised their rates.   Now eBay no longer has 30 day listings.  Just Good Til Cancelled.   It should be MY CHOICE what I decide to list in a 30 day period.   If I sell Christmas Ornaments the buying season ends in December.   I should be able to let these listings go dormant/hibernate for a few months.  I should not have eBay decide to keep listing these when I may have more seasonal products that will sell more efficiently.  There is no one buying X-Mas Ornaments in August.  Another good example.  If someone lists Baseball swag they may not want the listings automatically relisting during the Offseason.  Get it eBay.   I also have a account with eBay that allows me 250 Fixed Price Listings.  I try to not go over that amount.  If I want to deviate a bit I should not be forced to BURN MY FREE LISTINGS ON WHAT EBAY DECIDES I USE THEM ON!   THIS IS THE USA, I THOUGHT.  FREEDOM OF CHOICE.  I WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT I AM CURRENTLY SELLING.  IT SHOULD NOT BE EBAY'S DECISION TO JUST MANUALLY RELIST SOMETHING.    Also funny how they will collect their fees on listings THEY CHOOSE TO RELIST.

THERE IS PROBABLY A BUNCH OF OLD FOGIES WITH CIGARS IN A SMOKE FILLED ROOM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO BUY THERE WAY INTO THERE NEXT MASSAGE PARLOR SESSION.

I've sold 3 Christmas items in the last 48 hours; I never take them down.  

I did some relists tonight and also added 3 new listings.  I'm over my "free" allotment for the month.  One widget, listed tonight, just sold and it will cover all of those 30¢ listing fees plus my store fees plus all of my FVFs for the month. 

What if I had waited until it was "free" to list that?  Would that buyer have purchased something else instead of my item?

I'm not defending ebay on this GTC stuff; I agree that it's a desperate money grab but I also maintain it could help sellers (call me Pollyanna).   I've never used GTC so I have no basis of comparison; time will tell.

Ebay isn't deciding how you use your 250 listings; you are.   

This is ebay's game and you have to play by ebay's rules.  You don't have "freedom of choice."

I'm doing a quiet flounce out of here when Adyen hits my accounts.  I can handle ebay messing around with GTC and the extra time it could take me to deal with that; I cannot handle ebay messing around with my cash.  I think managed payments is going to have a far greater impact on sellers than listing durations will.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 42 of 86
latest reply

I have a "Basic" Store.  If I were to list all 250 of my Fixed Price Listings on the 1st of each month, that means they would auto-renew on the 31st of the month (those months that had 31 days).  Ebay clearly states after 30 days, not 31 days, they will auto-renew. This means I would be charged an extra $62.50 (25 cents X 250) that month in listing fees, assuming none of the items listed, sold.   I should have the option to let those unsold items to sit in the "Unsold" list, so I could relist them again on the 1st of the month.  Then, I wouldn't have to pay $62.50 for 1 day of listings.

Sometimes, Ebay offers "Free listings".  That will really make keeping track of things difficult, because they will probably auto-renew the next month and possibly trigger 25 cents charges, also.  Are times really that hard at Ebay, where they have to resort to sneaky tactics?!  I've never had a big issue with Ebay,  UNTIL NOW!

Message 43 of 86
latest reply

No.  eBay is deciding how I use my 250 Free Listings.  EBAY TOOK AWAY THE 30 DAY OPTION.   After 30 days  they now do not give me the option to let these 250 Listings stay dormant for 90 days.  They now automatically relist the items for me WITHOUT MY CONSENT.   I called customer service.   I do not have time to just end 250 auctions before their allotted 30 day window like they suggested.   I also have a subscription to have those listings run a duration of 30 days.  I should not have to go in and manually end them myself on day 28-29 to prevent eBay from relisting them manually and possibly charging me.   It should also be pointed out that I make many sales in the last minutes/hours of a 30 day listing.   Many potential buyers have listings saved in their wish list and some wait until the final day to make the purchase of Make an Offer.   Sales/offers cannot be made on day 30 if I am strong armed into ending them on day 28-29.    Get it now?  

Message 44 of 86
latest reply

This is terrible - eBay now forcing people to list GTC!   If stuff is listed GTC, it gives NO incentive for buyers to make a decision to buy!    I am so angry.  I know will probably quit eBay.   I've been a member since 2004. 

Message 45 of 86
latest reply