cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for scamming us. GTC will KILL eBay.

I have been selling on eBay since 1998.  It was enough to change all my listings once USPS raised their rates.   Now eBay no longer has 30 day listings.  Just Good Til Cancelled.   It should be MY CHOICE what I decide to list in a 30 day period.   If I sell Christmas Ornaments the buying season ends in December.   I should be able to let these listings go dormant/hibernate for a few months.  I should not have eBay decide to keep listing these when I may have more seasonal products that will sell more efficiently.  There is no one buying X-Mas Ornaments in August.  Another good example.  If someone lists Baseball swag they may not want the listings automatically relisting during the Offseason.  Get it eBay.   I also have a account with eBay that allows me 250 Fixed Price Listings.  I try to not go over that amount.  If I want to deviate a bit I should not be forced to BURN MY FREE LISTINGS ON WHAT EBAY DECIDES I USE THEM ON!   THIS IS THE USA, I THOUGHT.  FREEDOM OF CHOICE.  I WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT I AM CURRENTLY SELLING.  IT SHOULD NOT BE EBAY'S DECISION TO JUST MANUALLY RELIST SOMETHING.    Also funny how they will collect their fees on listings THEY CHOOSE TO RELIST.

THERE IS PROBABLY A BUNCH OF OLD FOGIES WITH CIGARS IN A SMOKE FILLED ROOM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO BUY THERE WAY INTO THERE NEXT MASSAGE PARLOR SESSION.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Thanks for scamming us. GTC will KILL eBay.

Ebay has always served Ebay.... 

During any dispute the buyer is always served... the seller disregarded.

Message 16 of 86
latest reply

BRAVO!!!!  I totally Agree

Message 17 of 86
latest reply

As far as I'm concerned this is being done for three reasons. First and foremost it's a way for eBay to make more money because it's a tedious task to constantly have to monitor listings and make sure you cancel the ones ending soon that you don't want to pay $.35 to relist (e.g. low cost items).  Second it's another way to discourage using Fixed listings and encourage using Auctions which is what eBay prefers sellers to do.  Personally I hate auctions and only use them when offered a free insertion period, and then only for inexpensive items. I have found it such a monumental waste of time just for 10 days max and then maybe get a sale if you're lucky.  Thirdly it will force sellers to eliminate listing inexpensive items because no one will want to risk having to pay $.35 to list an item selling for less than $10.  I do  hope there is enough complaints over this new rule and eBay returns the freedom to sellers to decide which listing they want and do NOT want to re-list.

Message 18 of 86
latest reply

eBay is going down the tubes and this is just another way to screw over the sellers and force them out. Management needs to leave well enough alone. If it's not broke don't fix it. Making up stupid rules for people to follow is not the answer. Customer service is in bum flup China so it does no good to call.  Sellers watch out because ebay does not care about you.

Message 19 of 86
latest reply

@glamourglasses wrote:

Isn't amazing that we get useless emails from ebay all the time, but when something as big as GTC I get nothing!

Once again  they are trying to nickel and dime us out of business!

What I sell and how long I list it should be my choice, not the man in the suit! 

Every seller (supposedly) was sent a message on/about Feb 26. "Seller update"

The GTC mid-march was in the seller update.

On another thread a "blue" posted that the message is not one that would/could be blocked by "communication preferences", so in theory all sellers were sent the message.  Reading it may have been another story.

Message 20 of 86
latest reply

So I got this email from Ebay, telling me if I don't update my return policy (I have 90% of my listings as a 14-day return), they will NOT automatically relist my items.  So, guess what?  I'm keeping my items at the 14-day return policy.  I'll double check my categories to make sure I'm not in any of the categories that allow 14-day returns.  It will be interesting to see what happens next month when my first set of GTC items end.  Will they be relisted, or not?

Because, if they don't get relisted, this is the perfect loophole around their insane mandate.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Message 21 of 86
latest reply

Would you be willing to share with the Community where that place is?

Message 22 of 86
latest reply

I am just going to cancel all of my listings, now that ebay has started automatically changing my listings to Good toll Canceled. This kills my business. Etsy, here I come!

Message 23 of 86
latest reply

I totally agree!!  Contrary to eBay's claim that they "are helping to sell my items", this new policy does NOTHING for me except cause an ongoing inconvenience and likely increase my expenses.  eBay is always preaching about how to run your business.  Well, LET ME RUN MY BUSINESS the way it best works for me!!   The GTC option was already there for those who wanted to use it.  This does nothing to rectify issues with those sellers that don't monitor their listings - it only forces more sellers into that category.  But clearly it does not have to be helpful or logical to most, or even many sellers, it only needs to bring more money.  This will help burn up seller's listings which in the end will add more fees.

BUT, the GTC policy could also hurt sellers in another way.  Many of my items sell on the last day or even last few hours.  Buyers will get more used to the idea that (most) listings will not end if the item does not sell.  Therefore there is less impulse to consider buying something before it ends because the listing will likely continue.  A success for eBay?  Maybe not.

Message 24 of 86
latest reply

It would be nice if eBay viewed sellers as partners rather than saps.
Message 25 of 86
latest reply

this is very interesting. i will try it too. This may be our way out.
Message 26 of 86
latest reply

I am with you I have opened my account and will be moving my store over there.
Message 27 of 86
latest reply

I don't think it is a bunch of old men smoking cigars in a back room.

I think it is a bunch of 25 year olds in jeans & flip flops who stopped taking their meds a few days ago.

Message 28 of 86
latest reply

Wenig is in his 50's.  Doubt Millennials are his juice.  More the Silicon Valley type.

Message 29 of 86
latest reply

I aM not surE, Rules CAn pRevent It.

😉
Message 30 of 86
latest reply