cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us what you do to help make your business more environmentally friendly

In celebration of Earth Day, tell us what you do to help make your business more environmentally friendly.

green tips.jpeg

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Tell us what you do to help make your business more environmentally friendly

Plastic is easy to recycle.  Chop it up, grind it and/or melt it.  It's just not profitable enough. When the big corporate, publicly held companies, care only about profits, recycling goes by the wayside.  I do it because I want to. Not because it saves me or makes me money.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Re: Tell us what you do to help make your business more environmentally friendly

@101dolphns wrote:

Plastic is easy to recycle.  Chop it up, grind it and/or melt it.  It's just not profitable enough. When the big corporate, publicly held companies, care only about profits, recycling goes by the wayside.  I do it because I want to. Not because it saves me or makes me money.

not true for all plastics, the chemical makeup of many plastics make them not very easy and very expensive to be recycled. K-cups prime example, in fact the inventor himself tried to get them to be stopped being made and went public about them few years back. True most companies only care about the profit and bottom line which aids to the issue, but recycling in general is nothing but a huge lie people swallowed happily. Just cause you throw your plastics in that recycle bin every week doesn't mean any of it actually gets recycled, like said, most goes into land fills and warehouses. Very small percentage gets grinded up and goes into things like roadway blacktop. Even smaller percentage actually gets recycled. Paper products are easier and less expensive to recycle but many people throw it in regular trash. But, we are all guilty of contributing to waste, in todays world it's inexorable really. More and more manufactures look for improved ways to use materials for things like packaging's where recycling and reuse becomes less expensive and easier.   But like you said, big corporate companies is a big part of the issue, they can make a huge impact by being more responsible with what they put out...and take back. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

use papers

Message 33 of 33
latest reply