cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax question: Is there any way to show only sales from your state?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I believe, if you use PP summary into an excel type spreadsheet, it will show the zip codes and then those could be put in order which would group the sales by zips with in the state.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Of what help would that be?  With several states having passed market facilitator laws and more in the process of passing them chances are some out of state buyers will have to pay tax.

Of course, if you're talking about checking to make sure that you've collected all the sales tax that you were suppose to collect, I prefer to keep track of such things myself rather than trust either eBay or PayPal. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My tax man says i'm only responsible to pay taxes for sales in my state.  That would make a huge difference in the amount of state tax i pay. 

Starting from now, i think i'll take your advice and track it on my own.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@inhawaii 

I download a spreadsheet from PayPal where I can sort transactions as needed.  However, if opted into eBay's Managed Payments, PayPal reports won't be an option.  Instead, eBay will be providing similar comprehensive reports for sellers within that program.

This screenshot shows only the shipping address, but the PayPal report also displays the state as a separate column that you can sort.

excelPayPal.jpg

Here is how to retrieve your transaction report from a PayPal personal account. A Business account is similar.

PayPal - statement - personal acctPayPal - statement - personal acct

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

shipscript: Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply