cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS Fee Pros

Hello, 

This will be easy for experienced sellers. I've just recently achieved TRS status and want to make sure I'm recording my fees accurately (excel).

Example: Item sells for $25 + $5 shipping. Does eBay charge me $3 for the total sale (10% of $30) and then credit me $2.50 at billing (10% of $25)?

Thank you, 

Integrity Sales 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: TRS Fee Pros

@integritysales83 wrote:

Hello, 

This will be easy for experienced sellers. I've just recently achieved TRS status and want to make sure I'm recording my fees accurately (excel).

Example: Item sells for $25 + $5 shipping. Does eBay charge me $3 for the total sale (10% of $30) and then credit me $2.50 at billing (10% of $25)?

Thank you, 

Integrity Sales 

The credit is applied as a single line item on your monthly invoice

As smenkveld said, the credit is 10% of the Item FVF charged.

In your example, your invoice would read

Item FVF $2.50

Shipping FVF $.50

TRS credit -$0.25 (10% of $2.50)

(If you only sold the one item)

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You get 10 percent of the $2.50 fee so you get 25 cents.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@integritysales83 wrote:

Hello, 

Thank you, 

Integrity Sales 

The credit is applied as a single line item on your monthly invoice

As smenkveld said, the credit is 10% of the Item FVF charged.

In your example, your invoice would read

Item FVF $2.50

Shipping FVF $.50

TRS credit -$0.25 (10% of $2.50)

(If you only sold the one item)

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

To break it down further for the OP @integritysales83, the measly TRS 10% off fvf item price only is TEN BUCKS per $1000 in sales...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@smenkveld wrote:

You get 10 percent of the $2.50 fee so you get 25 cents.

But only if your listings are TRS+ - meaning 1 day handling and 30 day returns.

And odds are good that the first return you get for whatever reason will wipe out at least a month's worth (if not more) of those oh so generous 10% fee discounts.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

As you can see, it's not worth doing it for the savings.  I do think, however, that the little seal attracts buyers' attention.  I went without it for two months and sales really dropped.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

My sales have been rocking all this past 12 months and longer.  And none of my selling accounts are even TRS.  However, looks like sales volume on this account and my main one are high enough to where they will get TRS again.  Personally, I don't care all that much one way or another, except for the Comm Plus shipping discount (which I hear is going away soon anyway).

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've just recently achieved TRS status and want to make sure I'm recording my fees accurately (excel).

If you are doing a calculation in a spreadsheet, then IMHO you are not recording your fees - you are merely estimating them. The only way to accurately record your fees is to reconcile them with your invoice detail.

eBay charges you 10% of the $25 sale price ($2.50) at the time of the sale.

eBay charges you 10% of the $5 shipping paid (50 cents) at the time the buyer pays.

eBay will credit you back 10% of the $2.50 on your invoice on the 15th of the following month (25 cents) but only for items that qualify for TRS Plus and only if you are still a TRS

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The TRSplus discount is a nice perk for sellers who are already providing the required service level and would do so regardless if the discount existed or not.

In my main Category less than 10% of items listed show the TRSPlus badge.

If you have to change your methods in any significant way it's not worth the effort for low/modest volume sellers.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply