cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAXES....... HOW TO FIND TOTAL SHIPPING COST FOR 2018 ON EBAY OR PAYPAL

How can I find my total shipping cost for 2018..Is there a report on EBAY or PayPal?....Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: TAXES....... HOW TO FIND TOTAL SHIPPING COST FOR 2018 ON EBAY OR PAYPAL

You can generate a report in PayPal.  Go to your basic Summary page and click on "Payments sent," then do a search on "eBay Inc Shipping" for 2018. Unfortunately, PayPal no longer provides a total for this information (as they did with "Transaction finder") so you'll have to either add them up or export the data, to Excel.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so  much!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I would suggest setting up your bookkeeping independently of eBay or PayPal since either of these would only be able to keep track of things that were done through those sites.  This would be fine if you only do business on eBay and only take payments through PayPal, but with eBay's new Managed Payment system looming in the near future, it might be wise to not put all your eggs in one basket.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you.I never even thought of that.I didnt know that Ebay was going to a managed payment system.Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What do you do when your report shows all zeros and Paypal does not help you? I am very frustrated and tired of this **bleep**.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Part of the job, and responsibility, of being a retailer/seller, whether it is a company like Macy's or being a part-time seller on something like ebay, is to keep appropriate records and know the laws governing sales and reporting.

There aren't too many people that are going to take the blame - or the fall - for you if the IRS, or state/local, tax people decide to run a fine-tooth comb through your 'affairs'.

Even if you aren't up to the challenge of setting up Excel, something like MyDatabasePro, or something similar, can go a long way towards keeping the records you should have, for ready access, if/when needed.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I use GODADDY bookkeeping. It is $99 year(saves a lot of looking up) but will import all ebay and paypal transactions after setup. It will also go retrieve last years transactions. Also allows you to change paypal transactions that are not part of your business or reclassify expenses,(office,postage,shipping supplies, etc). Might not be worth it for small sellers but I have 2500 sales in a year and this does a nice job

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@worldcollection2013 wrote:
What do you do when your report shows all zeros and Paypal does not help you? I am very frustrated and tired of this **bleep**.

The solution given by nobody*s_perfect obviously only works if you buy all your postage from eBay and pay for it with PayPal.

I always download a CSV file with my entire transaction history for the year and load it into a spreadsheet. From there, I can sort, filter, and total to my hearts content. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply