cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store feedback

In reality, how important is it for positive feedback? Do y'all pressure your buyers into giving your store or transaction a rating?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Store feedback

Never would i ask a customer for feedback. Ebay makes feedback  voluntary for all.JMO

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi @fivestarparts1 

Never ... EVER ... EVER even ask a buyer for feedback!!!  

[There are numerous examples of buyers leaving negative feedback for a seller ... only because they asked for feedback.]   

Yes, feedback is important ... especially for a new seller ... but you can add a bunch to your profile just from buying inexpensive items from sellers who you can tell leave feedback for their buyers.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Oh my goodness, never EVER pressure a buyer to leave feedback.That could backfire badly.  Don't even ask for it. Don't even mention it.  

ETA: LOL, h*o*p, GMTA!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No, I never ask for feedback, the reality of being left negative/ neutral comments is too high.

Always a lovely surprise to get positive feedback.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@fivestarparts1 

No...not a good idea.  Feedback is not mandatory whether its from the seller or the buyer.  Soliciting feedback from a buyer is also a policy violation.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

One's total feedback is important but it also important to never ask for feedback.  Best to interact with buyers as little as possible and to interact with Ebay CS as little as possible. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I vote for NO as well.  Never ask.   In 20 years of selling, I've never asked a single buyer for feedback.  And I'm rather annoyed when a seller asks me to leave it.  (I'll still leave a positive if I was going to anyways, but I'm annoyed while I'm doing it.  🙂 )    

It's a bad business practice.  You can thank them for their business & leave it at that.  I find that people are either into leaving feedback or they're not ... asking isn't going to make them do it. 

And could make matters worse, as mentioned. 

I recently bought a painting & the seller asked me (in her thank you card) to leave feedback because "artists are having tough times".    So I left glowing feedback because  I loved what I bought & the seller proceeded to leave NONE for me at all (even worse).

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No - I leave feedback when I ship and that's the end of the matter. I'm very pleased when someone gives me feedback back but I don't expect anything.

ETA: I understand the frustration because your feedback number is so low, but it will increase - the important thing is that your feedback is good.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply