cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store categories gone

Today the look of the store changed and now people can no longer see the categories on the left side of the screen like before. This makes even having a store worthless.  We separate our items into different categories in our store to make it easier for people to find what we have. It also made it easier to manage our listings. Today they just went away and the left side just has the same options as looking up anything on ebay outside the store. If this is how it is going to be a store is completely useless. Now a buyer can get the same results by simply looking up what a seller has for sale. Thousands of things with no way to look at a specific type of item. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Store categories gone

I checked my store and you're store and I can see the categories 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

When you go into edit store, under Category Preference, do you have Store Categories selected and not eBay categories?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

I have customized categories and I can still see them in my Store.

If you have tied your Store categories to eBay categories, and you sell in any of the categories that recently pretty much had all subcategories disappear, then that is your problem.

Go to Manage Store on your Seller Hub, scroll down, and then pick "Store Categories" as opposed to "eBay Categories"

If you have not yet created customized categories for your store, Go to "Edit Categories" on the left side of your initial Manage Store screen, and you can do that there.

Store categories are hugely important now for the stores that have lost eBay categories.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

I can see Categories but what happen to the sub categories?  I need these so customers can find the specific item they need. The way it is now they have to hunt......  they want do that.  eBay needs to get this fixed.  How do you get a eBay representative on line?  That is very difficult.  

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

If you are talking about subcategories under eBay categories, they are probably gone. You will need to edit your listing and use item specifics.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Also, can we please have eBay remember which view we want to see eBay Stores in? It keeps pushing me into Best Match for every store I look at (including my own) when I want to immediately and always, see Newly Listed instead. So every time I go into a store, I need to use the drop down menu. Every. Single. Time.  

This setting used to stick; it doesn't anymore. Plus, every time I look at my own Store, the "Best Match" is different.

Not a good user experience.  Now, every store I visit, I must, in this order:  Use drop down to change eBay Store to "Newly Listed."  Use drop-down menu to glance at Store Categories to see what types of dolls and collectibles the Store offers.  Plus continually having to use the drop down with the teeny tiny print categories to change every time I want to use a category.  Exhausting; used to be an easy interface for buyers.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Categories are shown on the left with a 'hover/drop down' (sub cat's are gone, rip). This will never get changed back. You just have to recategorize/name main categories if you want them shown separately. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Yes, my categories are gone also. I have a shoe store and my categories also included sizes such as 7 - 7 /12 ect. Those sub categories are gone and I can not find a way to add them back in. If someone wants to find any listing in their size it s more work. Any suggestions would be most helpful. At this point I'm considering just closing the store. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

once you upgrade your store to the new features you have to scroll to the bottom and hit see all. Then it will take you to the other version of your store that shows the categories on the left side. You can just match categories and pics up with the new features. Its basically the same thing but you choose a picture to show off the category with a link to it. So the categories are really still on the first page they just changed the format to be more visually stimulating. Once interested they get sent to the more boring but better for finding things view with more text and less pictures. Hope this helps. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

They're not gone, but now one has to accidentally find the Categories in the left margin by scrolling to bottom and clicking "See All Items." If they don't click, then they'll never see them. Utterly ridiculous and counter-productive! What imbecile came up with this??? Categories should show IMMEDIATELY!!!

I used to LOVE my store, but eBay has screwed this up also! "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT," Dam*it!!!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Thank you so much (heckofagame) for pointing this out. I was having the same issue this morning as all my store categories were gone and condensed down into three category groupings. I went into my edit store / category preferences, scrolled to the bottom of the page and it had "eBay categories" selected instead of "store categories". I changed it back to "store categories", saved it and now all my categories are back. Funny thing is, I have been on eBay for 20+ years and I have NEVER altered that setting so I don't know how it got changed because I didn't change it.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Store categories gone

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply