cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Name No Longer Appearing In Corner Of Photos

When  I first opened my store about a year ago, there was an option somewhere that would auto-generate the name of my eBay store on the left lower corner of each photo. It's not doing that anymore. 

Did I miss an announcement somewhere - is no longer an option....or where can I find the option so that it does generate again? 

Thank you, in advance, for any feedback.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Store Name No Longer Appearing In Corner Of Photos

It's because of Google that eBay is doing this. Google wants nice clean images with no watermarking or anything

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@therustygardener wrote:

Did I miss an announcement somewhere.

Yep.  The Summer Seller Flogging.  (Or was it the Fall Fiasco?)

Watermarks are now verboten.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That's weird because putting my store name on the bottom left corner of the photo was an eBay thing not my own watermark. 

It was nice to have it if the listing posted on Pinterest or Google. It was my "brand" to identify that the photo was mine and couldn't be hacked. 

Way to go eBay. I'm ditching this stuff in the Spring 2018 anyway for a brick and mortar booth in an antique mall. I won't have to deal with photos, listings, fees, fees, fees, fees, fees, and more fees.

Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Looks like they took down the special update board that had all the complaints.  If you do a search of this board for 'watermark', you'll have plenty to read for a few hours.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

BYE! Have fun paying rent, utilities, and possibly employees! I'll take the fees over that mess.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you but nope. None of that. Just a monthly booth fee. This place takes care of utilities, customers at check-out, advertising, & they have monthly sales that generate lots of $$ for me. They have security cameras and it's in an old building with history, charm, & character. I am a one-woman operation so no employees! I am looking forward to the opportunity to have interactions with real people instead of the cyber world where I don't know who I'm talking to. All I do is furnish the booth. It's a win. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's because of Google that eBay is doing this. Google wants nice clean images with no watermarking or anything
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

And yet they have no problem with flooding image search results with watermarked images from the many sites that sell Stock Images.  All about who pays the bucks.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Your photos are now owned by ebay. They want to build up their catalogue of images, and watermarks impede that process.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply