cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no tip feature offered to buyers at checkout... come on Ebay

I would like to see a tip feature added to the checkout screen. It's everywhere else in our lives and needs to be on Ebay to offer buyers a more consistent shopping experience. 

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Still no tip feature offered to buyers at checkout... come on Ebay

Maybe the "service" industries should start paying a decent wage (like other countries) instead of expecting the customer to cover half of it with tips.

I'm not tipping someone that's making $15 an hour anyway.

A tip is SUPPOSED to be for excellent service (or even good these days).

No-one tips me for doing my job.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Maybe the "service" industries should start paying a decent wage (like other countries) instead of expecting the customer to cover half of it with tips.

I'm not tipping someone that's making $15 an hour anyway.

A tip is SUPPOSED to be for excellent service (or even good these days).

No-one tips me for doing my job.

That's the trade-off. And I notice service is still good in other countries I've been where servers make a decent wage and no tipping is the rule.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 47 of 54
latest reply

LOL funny post. It is really true though, even self checkout at the local store asks for a tip 😉

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

I always liked the argument that prices have gone up, so we should tip more haha. Higher price with the same tip percentage still equates to a higher tip than before. It's almost comical and yeah, for a while 20% was considered a great tip with 15% being what I was told was the norm. and it was 15% on the pre-tax meal price. 

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

Yeah, exactly. I have not been to Applebess lately, but I'm assuming it's like most restaurants where dinner for two with a single appetizer, nothing too crazy food wise is gonna be $60-$80. Let's just say it's an even 20%, the tip is still $16 or so and considering a base wage, multiple tables per hour (especially considering employees were hard to come by for a bit), I'd say the server is doing pretty good for being a server. 

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

It's been a long time since I've received excellent service. 

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

Buyers have to pay for the item, then add in sales tax and shipping and your suggesting tipping on top of that. NOT! LOL

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

maybe they can add a tip at end of transaction, say when leaving feedback....just a joke but seems everyone selling or offering any service anything expects one these days.....i placed an order for a small gift basket and there actually was a tip for person packing it suggestion on payment page...

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

Pretty sure there would be an ebay fee on that tip.

Message 54 of 54
latest reply