cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sponsored listing newbie question.

I'm new to using the sponsored (promoted) listing feature.  

When do we get credited for the ad fees out of the quarterly TRS  $30.00 credit?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi fern*wood
I just looped heidi into the other post that you  just posted on.
Asking her some questions but didn't ask this one

so many sellers with so many questions because it's new to us , would be great to have a chat about it or a post about it that a team could answer questions

I'm not sure anyone who just received the credits would even know this answer.
@Anonymous
any idea?
They throw these things out to us with no explanations

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I searched a little for the answer, but since I'm basically lazy, I thought I'd take the easy way out and just ask here.  I figured this had been around for awhile and I thought anchor stores have gotten credits for some time now so maybe one of them would know the answer.   Thanks for tagging Heidi, though. 

Yeah, a couple weeks ago I thought the weekly chat was going to offer some discussion for this topic, but my reading comprehensive deceived me.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I searched a little for the answer, but since I'm basically lazy, I thought I'd take the easy way out and just ask here.  I figured this had been around for awhile and I thought anchor stores have gotten credits for some time now so maybe one of them would know the answer.   Thanks for tagging Heidi, though. 

Yeah, a couple weeks ago I thought the weekly chat was going to offer some discussion for this topic, but my reading comprehensive deceived me.

Mornin Fern,

Wow...and I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Mr C

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yeah, not to mention my spelling and typing skills!!   Comprehension...not comprehensive.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes...where are the spelling police when you need them?

The interesting thing is that I didn't even catch the misspell...lol...goes to show that not only do I have a problem with how my brain works seems I also have a problem even noticing it when others have the same challenge...lol...I didn't even catch the misspell...seriously...and that was not the reason for the highlighting...ok heading downstairs to pack up my second order of candles that came in since yesterday.

Mr C
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I'll take a look as soon as my April invoice is available.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fern*wood! I replied to your message on this thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/My-Last-Day-with-the-TRS-Badge/td-p/26913901 but essentially @thatsallfolks is right. The credit would show on your invoice once it's generated and sent to you, similar to how the TRS discount is applied. Wait for your next invoice to come out and be sure to keep us posted if you aren't seeing the credit there.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous - here's another question.

Why, if these are being called "promoted listings" on the seller end, are they appearing under the heading of "sponsored listings"? The change in verbiage is confusing, especially when before this so called "sponsored" listings were always paid ads which took you off site?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ymeagainlord wrote:
@Anonymous - here's another question.

Why, if these are being called "promoted listings" on the seller end, are they appearing under the heading of "sponsored listings"? The change in verbiage is confusing, especially when before this so called "sponsored" listings were always paid ads which took you off site?

Hi @ymeagainlord - That's a great question that we've brought up on our side as well. Unfortunately, we don't have the answer to it though. I can see the confusion that's caused and it's great feedback for us to receive. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous

I agree that ebay using promoted and also sponsored verbiage is confusing.  Why don't they just make it say "sponsored" throughout?  This is in the q&a from ebay:

"We label ads “sponsored” to show buyers that a seller has opted to use a paid service to showcase his or her items in prominent locations on eBay. It’s about being transparent while providing the most relevant buying experience."

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fern*wood- I can understand the idea mentioned in the q&a but I can also see yours and yme's point as well. It's been brought up in the past but I don't know if it'll change due to the differing perspectives; buyer vs. seller. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

The interesting thing is that I didn't even catch the misspell...lol...goes to show that not only do I have a problem with how my brain works seems I also have a problem even noticing it when others have the same challenge...lol...I didn't even catch the misspell...seriously...and that was not the reason for the highlighting...ok heading downstairs to pack up my second order of candles that came in since yesterday.

Mr C

heh, i know i have a problem with how my brain works, must have one with yours too (same problem)  i didn't catch it either ... 😄 (or am i just thinking too much again?)

anyway, i am very curious too about original post's answer

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

Mr C

heh, i know i have a problem with how my brain works, must have one with yours too (same problem)  i didn't catch it either ... 😄 (or am i just thinking too much again?)

anyway, i am very curious too about original post's answer

Credit, for me, came the next billing/invoice following the charge/invoice.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Before this old thread gets locked, let me say I believe the answer to why they STILL call the new promoted listings "sponsored" was due to some legalese thing.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply