cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold items not appearing in ebay's sold search even with keywords, please help...

Hi, 

I often look up the sold items on ebay for items I've recently sold to see where they appear in the list of similar items sold for research purposes.. for eg. If I've recently sold a "San Marco Leather Rolls Saddle" I visit the sold page of similar items with the same key words, however my items never show up? why?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Sold items not appearing in ebay's sold search even with keywords, please help...

@sydneyvintagebikes wrote:

So it appears that many sold items on ebay do not appear in sold results.. Surely ebay have to fix this..

@sydneyvintagebikes 

There is nothing for eBay to fix. The Out Of Stock feature is working exactly as it was intended to, when it was designed by eBay.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Re: Sold items not appearing in ebay's sold search even with keywords, please help...

Agree, OOS feature prevents buyers and "competitors" from all over the world seeing how much and what you sell... privacy in this way is good but not being able to research sold items if they're not all available makes it  hard to gauge the value of items we sell, what to sell them for, what to set price at..

Initially Ebay's introduction of UPC codes seemed like a good idea. They said using UPC codes will make items easier to search for, yes, but then it creates a price war with sellers who offer the same/identical products, forced to compete with asian sellers who are the manufacturers of said goods, not so good for anybody but original manufacturer who have become the retailer.. kills all the other small time sellers..

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Yes but why can't ebay include ALL the actual sold items relating to sold searches, who knows how many sold items have been hidden..  ebay clearly only include a handful..

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

Just to be clear. You can turn out of stock option off or  on in your selling site preferences. If set to off - items are no longer in your inventory when quantity goes to 0. If set to on - items remain in inventory even if quantity is 0 (you can manually remove from inventory or change quantity if you have more items to sell).

The out of stock option is most beneficial to sellers that sell items that  have a source to replenish sold items .

I have come to like the out-of-stock option for my store even though I mainly sell quantity (1) items and will not be replenishing stock items after it sells.

Disadvantage:

0 quantity items in inventory count against your "free" monthly eBay listings ( so remove when no longer wanted)

Advantages:

-What is eBay doing with vacation settings and how fast will they take affect? Who cares. Quickly change quantity for all items to 0.  They are gone from eBay selling. Change back to 1 - they magically reappear. ( I only have a few multiple quantity items to keep track of - and I still do use eBays Vacation mode at times).

-Where is that item? Did it break? Set quantity to 0. Oh, there it is in fine condition. Set quantity back to 1.

-Customer not going to pay? Customer wants to cancel? Need to relist?  Set quantity back to 1.

-Several other advantages to having out of stock setting on (my opinion for my store).

Back to your original issue. My sold items always appeared in searches before I started using the out-of-stock eBay option (primarily quantity 1 items changing to quantity 0). I haven't played to see if sold items start appearing after I completely remove them from inventory.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

Yes but why can't ebay include ALL the actual sold items relating to sold searches, who knows how many sold items have been hidden..  ebay clearly only include a handful..

@sydneyvintagebikes 

I am not exactly certain as to why eBay does not show all of the items that have sold. But with out of stock listings it's my belief that eBay does not show these sold items because prices may change dramatically, over a 2 or 3 month period, especially with hard goods. 

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

That makes sense, but I only had one to sell, but yes ebay have forced me to sell using "multiple listings" so when I have one item to sell, once sold, I have to end the listing or ebay keep making me pay for the listing despite having only 1 available to sell...

@sydneyvintagebikes 

This is due to the fact that you have the Out Of Stock option turned on on your account. The OOS option applies to all of a seller's listing regardless of whether or not they one have one of that item available or multiple quantities of an item available.

Thanks or clarifying that.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

This Only makes sense if you Already have this item in your store. I'm a seller looking at comps. Sometimes the Sold listings option comes up ...Sometimes Not, Why? I've changed nothing. You can't even go into the settings to fix it...What's Up???????

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply