cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold a perfect Golf Cart Charger cheap, 10 days later buyer send me photos of a burned one

I have the EZGO charger working always perfect for years, updated my batteries to one Lithium battery that uses a different charger, so I sold my working charger because I no longer needed (new one over $500) for $160 total with shipping. Lady in AL  purchased it and now TEN DAYS after she got it, A guy  wants full refund with a bunch of photos of a charger completely open up and burnt inside, was that the good charger I shipped or their old burnt charger??? and the guy now, Husband? says he is an electrician too.

Electrical equipment does not get fried by transporting it via USPS, they are lying about it.

I have two accounts with eBay, one since 2007,  I am seriously thinking in nuke both, with eBay policies always favoring the buyer and with the number of scammer just getting higher is just a not deal, getting to old to lose money for lying scammers.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Sold a perfect Golf Cart Charger cheap, 10 days later buyer send me photos of a burned one

@farmalljr wrote:

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

@farmalljr wrote:

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

I hate to say it, but if they file a INAD (item not as described) claim/return you will lose.

You may as well refund the customer and let them keep the burned out charger.

No need to pay return shipping on a burned out/non-working charger.

I know his is not what you want to hear, but if you try to fight this, you will lose.

Of course if the buyer is trying to run a scam there's a chance they aren't willing to go full-blown mail fraud by returning a different item. I would probably issue the return label and see how it plays out.

No one is going to investigate a $160 mail fraud case. Unless they have a long, DOCUMENTED history, the USPS inspectors have bigger fish to fry. They don't care. 

I never said I thought USPS was investigating $160 mail fraud cases. My point was they may be fishing for an easy refund and not willing to follow through with a fraudulent return. It's called calling their bluff.

Sure, call their bluff. MOST people WILL return if they open a case, even if they were scamming. The odds are not in the sellers favor. They will pay return shipping, and the buyer will get all their money back. It's not wise to call the bluff in hopes ONE return out of 100 will not send it back. If the OP wants a dead charger back and thinks it's wise to "call their bluff" they are welcome to. It's not sound business advice though. They are free to pay shipping twice AND refund the buyer in full though.

Making a customer return the item before issuing a refund is not sound business advice?

Seriously?

Lol.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Sold a perfect Golf Cart Charger cheap, 10 days later buyer send me photos of a burned one

Make them return it....would love to see buyer repackage item...buy some tape and have to mail it somewhere near them to you in a time limit.

I bet buyer might have bought one from China and it burned and they are going to send you that one...getting one from you to replace it. Items from China are sometimes not compatible with other countries.

We all get a bad buyer sometimes. I got a return of a dark plastic bag with something gooey in it...mailman would not even deliver it to me...I had to go to the post office...I sell stamps so I refused it...and I lost the case plus it cost me another 20 bucks. I got over it. It's a joke now to tell others.

Is one or rather a few buyers going to stop me from selling...nope...I just block them and move on.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I locked both of my accounts and will nuke them in the near future, eBay used to be good 8 years or so ago, hell, I sold almost 2 Million since 2007, not anymore, it is worst as Amazon is now for sellers. Will sell from my web site and stop paying the middle guy high fees on merchandise and fees on shipping. I will have less exposure but also will have more profit and zero headaches from a system that only cares for buyers and treat sellers like bad kindergarten kids.

Glad you are doing well, this system became a lose lose situation.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@global_military_surplus wrote:

I locked both of my accounts and will nuke them in the near future, eBay used to be good 8 years or so ago, hell, I sold almost 2 Million since 2007, not anymore, it is worst as Amazon is now for sellers. Will sell from my web site and stop paying the middle guy high fees on merchandise and fees on shipping. I will have less exposure but also will have more profit and zero headaches from a system that only cares for buyers and treat sellers like bad kindergarten kids.

Glad you are doing well, this system became a lose lose situation.

Zero headaches huh? You can have a no returns policy if you want, on your own site. However you are not free from chargebacks and refunds. As long as you are dealing with CC payments, you are never free of headaches. 

I can't understand how you can't accept that maybe your very old charger may just have died from being beat around shipping it. Do you think they never go bad? You take an old, very used charger, toss it in a box and beat that box half way across the country, and you honestly think that it would be like new when the buyer got it? Oh well. Maybe in the future it will happen to you. Maybe you will buy something used, get it and discover it doesn't work, and then you can just eat the loss. Right?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply