cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Get Relisted

I have had a problem for years on eBay.

Items I have sold get relisted.   I constantly get orders for stuff that has been sold.  Today 2 out of 5 orders included items that I have sold. 

I regularly have to audit my departments and remove items that have been sold and, conversely, I find listings for other items have disappeared.

I make sure sold items are not in my Unsold list.  I recently audited my section of Harvard Classics books to remove listings for sold items and create new listings for books that for some reason are no longer listed.

Today I got an order for a book I sold months ago.

I have also noted that the available quantity for things that I have multiples often does not update.

This has seemed to have gotten worse since everything rolls over now that we can't have 30 day listings.

Anybody else having this problem?  I'm getting pretty fed up with eBay.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sold Items Get Relisted

This comes up from time to time and has been an issue for years.  eBay has never acknowledged the issue, they always seem to blame the seller for "accidentally" relisting the item.

Best course of action would be the next time you find an item listing that previously sold would be to edit the listing and set a ridiculously high price.  Then come here to the forums and page one of the blues (@ sign with the name of the staff member).  Give them the item number to review and see what they say.  They always say that we (sellers) don't give them concrete examples of this.  

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

This happens to me all too often. I am working on setting a habit to check the number on hand/ number available each time I relist or sell similar.

It is a pain since I am causing myself extra work for ebay's error and upsetting a buyer.

What really bothers me is I get a ding on my defect rate for Top Seller anytime I have to cancel a sale for not having the item on hand.

At this point, all we can do is double check every item we relist.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

"Anybody else having this problem?" 

I have seen this problem reported here by many people, for years. 

Maybe this old post from 2015 might offer insights.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Sold-items-are-getting-relisted-automatically/m-p/2443...

I wonder if ebay has ever addressed or even acknowledged this issue?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

@wesk_36 wrote:

I wonder if ebay has ever addressed or even acknowledged this issue?

@wesk_36 nope, everytime it's been discussed they somehow find reason why it was the seller that did the deed, never an error on eBay's part.  I'm sure the there are instances where it's the seller's mistake, but too many times I've found items sold that are relisted.  Two options, they sold and went to unsolds instead of sold, or the system relisted it for some other reason.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

Yes. I had one last week. I explained to the buyer what had happened and thankfully, she understood and didn't hold it against me. Had another one about a month ago that I caught when someone made an offer.
Annoying isn't a strong enough word for this.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

It just happened to me. I have some items with quantities over 30. I have my own inventory list and keep a close eye on them whenever the number gets down to 15 or so. Today I had a buyer purchase 20 of an item I only had 15 of. Hopefully she will be as understanding when I tell her I can only send part of what she wanted

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sold Items Get Relisted

Happens to me too. A few times a year.

Maybe when original buyer cancels order, and you have to relist, and get "relist failed" message. Does it gets listed twice? I know this feature is buggy.

Or if buyer has item on their watch list, and it sells to another buyer. EBay may be allowing the original watcher to purchase.

If have tried to back track and see, but with no help from eBay, you will never figure it out.

I agree it is an ongoing problem with eBay. They can never admit fault, or they would be liable. 

So it is our fault, lol.

eBay does not care if we keep paying listing fees for items that don't exist.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply