cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So do I tattle? Or neg? Or MMOB?

Just received the holiday stationery I ordered. Arrived inside a Priority Mail cardboard envelope shoved inside an eBay bubble mailer, with a Media Mail label. Shipping was listed as free economy.

1. Do I mind my own business leaving positive feedback for the item being as described and arriving in a timely enough manner?

2. Do I write an educational email to the seller (+300 positive feedback, sells all sorts of items) explaining the evils of using PM supplies for non-PM packages and sending non-media items by MM, asking him not to do it in the future? If he flames me I'd neg the snot out of him, if he responds politely I'd likely leave no feedback at all.

3. Do I march over to the post office with my Santa paper and the packaging and rat them out? I can almost guarantee that the charity ladies who (wo)man the post office around the block won't know how to retroactively charge the seller, which means I'll have to go to the other post office. I'm disinclined to put myself out that much.

Any options I'm overlooking? I'm inclined to option #2. I'd add that I often don't bother to log out of my selling account and go to the effort of moving over to my buying account for small sales. In this case I did use my buying account -- wouldn't dare cause a ruckus on my selling account for fear of retaliation. And if he blocks me that's fine because there's a million to one chance I'd stumble upon him again anyway when making a new purchase.

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

I'd MYOB and make my FB about my purchase. That's just me.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 2 of 158
latest reply

Arrived as listed. Leave apprioate feedback based on item purchased.

I do not condone, and I don't do it, but how the seller packs is not worth your stress.

You can be the "postal police", but it will likely get you no where. It actuallity if you take it in they may be within their rights to demand "Priority Mail" postage payment  from you for short paid, out of class shipping.

Message 3 of 158
latest reply

2.?

Don't "educate" them.  I wager they already know.

It doesn't have to be a Nice Pos.

It can be a soft Pos.. which states they shouldn't misuse priority supplies.

"Nice Item, but Misuses Priority Supplies for Media Mail.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 158
latest reply

That happened to me recently.  My solution was to NOT leave any feedback.

Message 5 of 158
latest reply

I just ordered from ebay but received the package from Amazon with Prime printed on the outside of the box.

No feedback will be given but I will never order from them again.

And a note to those who think we should have auto fill feedback - the poster above me and myself are 2 reasons why leaving  feedback, ot not, should be left alone.

Message 6 of 158
latest reply

Im confused about the Amazon package-isnt that they just reused an Amazon box? I do it all the time-it saves money and is recycling. Ive never had a complaint about reusing a box-just wondering if this is an issue for others

@emerald40 wrote:

I just ordered from ebay but received the package from Amazon with Prime printed on the outside of the box.

Message 7 of 158
latest reply

meanwhile the world is slouching towards a grave systemic crisis....I say let it go lol

Message 8 of 158
latest reply

@5000purplestars wrote:

Im confused about the Amazon package-isnt that they just reused an Amazon box? I do it all the time-it saves money and is recycling. Ive never had a complaint about reusing a box-just wondering if this is an issue for others

@emerald40 wrote:

I could not see where the box had been reused.  No extra tape to close it or sticker upon stricker for reuse.

And the prime tape sticker looked fresh as well.

Message 9 of 158
latest reply

I would leave feedback of “Shipping Method Was USPS Mail Fraud”

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 10 of 158
latest reply

"01-24-2018 02:55:55 PM
Just received the holiday stationery I ordered."

10 posts and no one sees the issue here.

It's a month past the holidays and 6 weeks since the stationary would likely get used!!

Message 11 of 158
latest reply

I got it!! I just thought wow I would be more upset about the stationary I couldn't use until next year. lol
Message 12 of 158
latest reply

Neg.

Message 13 of 158
latest reply

On the to do list for Postal Inspectors, I can assure you a small time eBay seller misusing media mail is the least of their concerns. They will just humor you and promise to look into it. It will cost the USPS more money to get their legal division to send the seller a warning letter than simply ignore the case. We are trying to save money here. Not having the USPS spend hundreds of thousands of dollars swarming an eBay seller's home, arresting and then putting him on trial to recoup a few dollars.

Message 14 of 158
latest reply

@johnfduda wrote:

"01-24-2018 02:55:55 PM
Just received the holiday stationery I ordered."

10 posts and no one sees the issue here.

It's a month past the holidays and 6 weeks since the stationary would likely get used!!

I still don't....  Christmas stuff sells year round. Unless the buyer bought it in mid to late November, with the way holiday shipping can be, they couldn't expect it would definitely arrive before Christmas... Plus it wasn't mentioned as part of the OP grievances, and a package arriving 2 months past when it was ordered would have been a major complaint, so most posters probably figure it wasn't expected for Christmas.

As far as what to do - I would probably not leave feedback.... but that is just me.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 15 of 158
latest reply