cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or slowing sales, things that have not been addressed.

The consumer is a very fickle animal. What they wanted yesterday is not what they want today.  They don't want that rolling pin because grandma had one like it.  The slowing economy also has to be factored into the equation as well as low interest money not being as available as it was. The money from covid has defiantly dried up.

As far as Ebay slowing sales that is a reticules aspect, think about it, they need sales as much or more than you do, they need the money.  There are many facets to any economy and there anyone of thousands of annalists that can give a mirrored of reasons why but Ebay while they have problem's  is not the reason why.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Slow or slowing sales, things that have not been addressed.

Who would have thought Velcro. There is a whole Velcro world out there. Your timing was perfect. Right place at the right time. Good for you for taping into that market. 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

"What are the prices of groceries now days?"

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@blurryrobot wrote:

As far as Ebay slowing sales that is a reticules aspect, think about it, they need sales as much or more than you do, they need the money. There are many facets to any economy and there anyone of thousands of annalists that can give a mirrored of reasons why but Ebay while they have problem's is not the reason why.

You would think it ridiculous for a big company to act against its own best interests, and yet we have seen it happen many times.  Remember General Motors?  And they had thousands of analysts who probably gave a myriad of reasons why GM, during the 70s oil crisis, did not need to make reliable cars of a size and type that the consumer wanted. 

But corporate systems have an internal inertia of their own, and sometimes when enough money is being made, and there is no real competition (Ebay has no true direct competitor**) to keep the internal bureaucracy focused on the actual stakes and parameters...some ridiculous things can happen. 

**And if the truth were known, there really is NOT as much true competition in any market, nowadays, compared with the past...maybe this is why customer service is now so terrible all across the board.    

I'm not sure why you responded to me. What you quoted is something I quoted from the OP. 

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

"Why can't Mary Lou Retton pay her medical bills?" 

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

How true and sad!

Probably just so they can say they were there and post some photos on their social media. After a short time, the excitement goes away, but the person is still trying to pay off the expenses over months or even a few years.

The cost of things is getting out of hand. I posted a comment on another thread about an article I read. The article addressed corporations / businesses taking a new approach on raising prices. 

The new theory is raising the price until you see a decline. Kind of a red line that you maxed out your price gouging and people are not buying it and doing without. 

I feel sad for those parents who go into debt just to make their children happy (We all know what I'm saying). They are just passing that mental concept onto their children when they become parents. 

I'm posting this while camping out at my local movie theatre for you know what. NOT!

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

The cost of things is getting out of hand

Agreed !!!

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

My Ebay business has taken a huge hit, i think there are several reasons.  my 2021 sells was around 13000 customers, in 2022 they dropped to around 8900.  my 2023 as of today is on about 4400 customers but my products i sell has had a big price increase and now im seeing alot of direct items from china being sold at really low prices.  I sell the name brand products which are better but the customer base now is looking for lowest cost and when it breaks they just say well its time for a new one.  I see other problems to but Hopefully we all can make it.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply