cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales for Everyone

It's the ECONOMY again.

People are scared to spend money they don't have!

And with the looming war with North Korea things are only going to get worse.

I've been storing water for months now, because when the grid goes down you won't be able to pump water out of the ground.

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: Slow Sales for Everyone

My sales are not slow.  I'm shipping 10 to l2 packages a week.  Not great, but decent.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 76 of 90
latest reply

Then put it in the second line under title but at least mention it somewhere.

Message 77 of 90
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave

Oh I was guilty as I kid.  I spent every dime I get scrounge up on cards, put them in plastic holders, binders, and rare ones in the big thick holders.  lol.  People were nuts over antique furniture.  Older expensive furniture, heavy, well crafted, and bit of nostalgia.  Now....IKEA BABY.  People need cheap, light, and someone they can finance through.

Always shop for furniture on craigslist.  Why?  Sellers can't get rid of it for nowhere near the original value because you can't finance through criagslist sellers(assuming most don't have credit card swipers).  We bought a big Italaian hand craft bedroom set (WAY out of my league) for 20% percent of retail.  It was on the market for long time.  The seller said, no one has that type of cash laying around and she didn't trust anyone enough to allow payments.  Being the Dave Ramsey tycoon that I am, I had cash.   Cash is king.  

Message 78 of 90
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looming war? There is  always rumor of war... And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet...

I beleive the sells are down because First the search engine is **bleep**. Even I can't find anything for 1  we are losing alot of sellers becasue they are getting ripped off by Buyers returns and such and leaving.. I have had a few sells ..I have bought more this month then selling. . Started this week I am just not getting hits  and all my items with watchers just keep falling off with no sell.. Even I am not buying anything to resell...Because I dont know if it will sell.... Kinda hard to sell Items if People can't find them is all I am saying....

Message 79 of 90
latest reply

CS retail stores.jpeg

Message 80 of 90
latest reply

@Anonymous

Yes, but Donald is unpredictable.

The economy is bad, and people cut back.

And everybody and their brother is listing.

Hard to be seen with all that.

Message 81 of 90
latest reply

As tempting as it would be, attacking North Korea will not be an option anytime soon. 3 or 400,000 South Koreans would die a horrible death and Cheeseburger Kimmy would get alll buggered up on Hennessey and start lobbing nukes at Japan. Putin isn't even nuts enough to pull off a mess of that magnitude. About the only people on earth who could remove him without wiping out half of East Asia would be Mossad, and everyone keeps telling them not to. It's going to be a very gloomy world for a while, but we like to keep our military adventures combined to places that are rich in oil and poppies.

Message 82 of 90
latest reply

About the only people on earth who could remove him without wiping out half of East Asia would be Mossad,

Yeah, where's Gabriel Allon when we need him ?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 83 of 90
latest reply

Evening,

Until China decides who they are going to side with it's all up to Tubbies the Hair Cut Boy!

Currently it seems Chin is not sure if they will side with N. Korea and protect their Political Ideology or side with the U.S. to Protect their Bank Account.

Mr C
Message 84 of 90
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife

Well china does not want a flood coming over the border.

Donald has managed to tick the whole world off.

Message 85 of 90
latest reply

Careful on speculation.  You could be right....The media is in the business of spinning **bleep**.  It's like the stock market, if it's on the news that XYZ stock has tripled.....it's too late invest, you should be selling it at this point.  Buy the rumor, sell the news.  So, pay attention to what the media is not focusing on.  No country is going show their hand in a card game.  Follow the money, it all about currency wars at the moment.  The whole Russia hacking our election was a facade, just like the other **bleep** they peddle.  If it were true we would be exchanging fire as we type.  Now people know why government loves Hollywood so much, they know drama sells.    Who killed Seth Rich?  Ah, old news...terrorist somehwere we can talk about.

Message 86 of 90
latest reply

The Media Entertainment Industry has to produce news 24 / 7 and it's got to compete with all the other yammering out there, which is a lot, so if it doesn't make you GASP with shock, it's pretty much failed.

The old ones remember when news was just reported.  Not slanted.  Not tilted with little descriptive words to build up or diminish... just the straight news, and then the reader/listener made up their own minds.  Today, it's a competition FOR the minds of the readers and watchers of the sites and stations, the newspapers and to a lesser degree the magazines.  It's a huge tug-of-war for the minds of the masses, and being able to influence them is Big Business.  And there are a lot of minds that aren't strong enough to resist, are pretty easily influenced, etc.  (Of course, that wouldn't include any of US...)

This has been a real fun and entertaining thread to read this evening.  And as to the original title Slow Sales for Everyone...  I'd say no, not really.  About as usual for this time of year.  I always experience some fluctuation over the weeks and months, but overall it seems to be not just holding but building the last couple of months, so I'm inclined to believe the type of customers I sell to feel fairly confident about spending their money.  I'm looking forward to them getting into the Holiday Shopping mood in a very few more months!

Message 87 of 90
latest reply

@desertratmotosports

Well, when the USSR fell, somone swiped their plans for the super EMP bomb.

Our experts say the nukes have the signature of this type of bomb.

And with sub launch ability, they could get real close.

How do I know this, go to the C-SPAN site and you can watch the experts, before congress.

Message 88 of 90
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Dave, The economy is always bad for some and people cut back.
I do not agree The Donald is unpredictable. All of them are the same doing as they are paid to do. ..Quite predictable .Does not matter who won ..
Message 89 of 90
latest reply

Poppies?

There's something I would like to sue the US Government over!

It's almost impossible to smuggle a gram of plutonium into the US but hundreds of pounds of opium NO PROBLEM!

A guy in N.C. just got busted with 1/2 acre of poppies, the DEA says they are worth $500 million.

When I see pictures of Afghanistan is see an ocean of poppies. . .

Message 90 of 90
latest reply