cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Ebay sales lately

Are there anyone having slow sales lately , just checking to see if i'm doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Slow Ebay sales lately

Almost every week someone asks this...for like the last 15 years I've been here.  You can safely say that sales will go up and down and be cyclic save for huge events like the pandemic.  If you try to track this week by week, you'll drive yourself nuts.  Take the long view - it's easier to spot trends and also see if you may want to do something different.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Slow Ebay sales lately

Yes, sales have been very low for many others....

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

Yes, off for me. I don't list a lot lately but when do I usually only list what I know will sell. DEAD. 

My last batch I sold 7 out 8 I think. This batch a different story. Oh well, glad I am diversified. 

Good luck to you.

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

I don't think it's you. Ebay has been slow for years now and every year it gets worst. I am major busy with other platforms and my web site is blowing ebay away. You have to spread your wings.

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

@shirniece-david 

It has had its' ebbs and flows lately....we will sell 3-4 one day and then go a day or two and sell 3-4 the next, etc.  Has been a while since "steady" sales, although numbers wise (total gross sales) for Feb, we have so far beat January, but with a lesser number of sales.

Hopefully, with Spring/Easter not too far off, things will pick up soon!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

Are there anyone having slow sales lately , just checking to see if I'm doing something wrong.

After the record 2020 and 2021, many are forgetting the cyclical nature of on-line selling.  February is usually the slowest month, but begins to pick up after the "Stupid-Bowl" and Valentine's Day-----add to that Brandon's self-imposed high inflation.  It should be growing into March when interest rates start to hike, watch for IRS time in April, May is flowers, June brings in cheer.  Look for where the demand is and capitalize on it.  eBay sellers are the front line to notice disruptions as well as healthy economic beats.

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

No sales since Feb. 9th for me which is unusual.

Message 7 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

Almost every week someone asks this...for like the last 15 years I've been here.  You can safely say that sales will go up and down and be cyclic save for huge events like the pandemic.  If you try to track this week by week, you'll drive yourself nuts.  Take the long view - it's easier to spot trends and also see if you may want to do something different.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

We have had a surprisingly good month and Valentine's Day was one of our better days ever. Hoping it continues! I`m sure your sales will pick up.    

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

@chapeau-noir wrote:

You are right about trends @chapeau-noir  ... the one that has gotten me on a regular basis is the drop in sales the first week after a PL Standard Campaign ends.  I run at least one per quarter for about 30 days and one of the nice things is that I see more long tail items sell during the Campaigns then at other times.  I like selling higher value items Auction style so I just put all my fixed priced items on the Campaign at a set Ad rate and let 'er rip.  The ad rate I pick is above all the trending rates eBay posts because the idea is to sell stuff.   The sales charts have been pretty consistent, a big jump at the beginning, spikes on weekends with a slow gradual drop in impressions until the very end then a jump upwards again before it ends.

The most recent one ended last week and this week sales are slow ... BUT the sales chart is different this time in that the slow gradual decline in impressions in the middle of the campaign was more of an abrupt drop (pic below).  We're talking in the 30,000 to 40,000 impressions range between the first and second weekends instead of smaller drops that I saw in the past.

Screenshot (3323).png

What's interesting about this most recent one is the fact that the Item Specific mandate launch was on Feb 22, one week before the end of the Campaign.  While this particular chart shows a surge at the end what is missing is the lack of activity in the middle of the Campaign ...

One thing I want to try is after the next one to End all listings on the Campaign and then use the Sell Similar to create all new listings PLUS strip off the 30 day carry over of Ad fees on items that sell after the Campaign ends.  It a lot of work but might be worth the effort.

There is another trend I have noticed too in the last 6 months but I need to do a little more research before posting about it ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

20% drop in impressions and views since February/winter seller update and continues to go down.  I feel it is related to Ebay constantly tweaking and fixing something in the beackground as I have constant glitches .

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

@partfinds wrote:

20% drop in impressions and views since February/winter seller update and continues to go down.  I feel it is related to Ebay constantly tweaking and fixing something in the background as I have constant glitches .

@partfinds   I think for my chart some of the drop in impressions was them preparing for the Item Specific roll out ... the amount of inventory I had throughout the Campaign period only increased yet impressions did not follow.  I think what they may have been doing was taking "X" number of accounts and flipping the Item Specific switch to see what happened ... like did things crash or not LOL!  Once they saw the programming was holding they probably started to roll more accounts in to the new I.S. system ...

So now we are facing a new crisis in Ukraine and Russia and I am wondering what the fallout of that will be with regard to eBay sales ...

Regards,
Message 12 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@partfinds wrote:

20% drop in impressions and views since February/winter seller update and continues to go down.  I feel it is related to Ebay constantly tweaking and fixing something in the background as I have constant glitches .

@partfinds   I think for my chart some of the drop in impressions was them preparing for the Item Specific roll out ... the amount of inventory I had throughout the Campaign period only increased yet impressions did not follow.  I think what they may have been doing was taking "X" number of accounts and flipping the Item Specific switch to see what happened ... like did things crash or not LOL!  Once they saw the programming was holding they probably started to roll more accounts in to the new I.S. system ...

So now we are facing a new crisis in Ukraine and Russia and I am wondering what the fallout of that will be with regard to eBay sales ...

Agreed.  Am guessing it will be impactful.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

Yes, sales are slow, at least in the collectable area.  Seems to be lots of viewers, not many buyers.  In my opinion, I think the market for collectable items, things like airline and railroad items, is gradually declining.  When I started about 8 years ago, collectable items sold really well.  But younger folks are not really into collecting like they used to be.     Also, regarding other selling sites;  I look at their offerings for collectable items and their prices seem very high.  Also, the sites seem awkward to use, compared with Ebay.  Also, I used to find lots of collectable items at  home sales, etc.  Now, most of the sales seem to be basically furniture and glassware.  Oh  well, times change.   Not complaining, just offering some observations..  

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

Slow Ebay sales lately

@partfinds   The other trend I was referring to is it seems the only items that get any traction after a PL Campaign is newer stuff ... so far in March the ONLY things that have sold have been from an inventory lot I acquired on Feb 15th and this past Tuesday Mar 1st ... yep, currently I have 7 items with bids from the Mar 1 inventory lot and all other sales this month were from the Feb 15 lot.

So I am thinking their algorithms bury PL Campaign items for a while until they can somehow work their way back up through the Search results.  When I only had 5 items with bids I checked the Buyer IDs and 2 were repeat customers so that somehow factors in to the equation.

If eBay would reinstate Sellers being able to SEE who is Following us it would help track new Followers based on selling ... late last year I had around 190 and now that number is over 225 ... so I like to see what trend their is on who decides to follow and who doesn't based on what they purchase  AND more importantly, WHAT categories they buy in and then follow.  It is potentially important sales info ...

Regards,
Message 15 of 81
latest reply