cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sincerly, eBay Team -- Updates to the eBay User Agreement

Spell check much?

When they implement (force me) to use the eBay manage payment...

That's the day I stop selling (chuckle, chuckle) on this platform.

No way am I giving this lot access to my bank account

Sincerly, eBay Seller

Just a humble seller.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Sincerly, eBay Team -- Updates to the eBay User Agreement

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You can always open a new bank account. Even do it at a completely different bank if you want. I will be opening a new bank account when eBay forces me to switch to MP.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

You can always open a new bank account. Even do it at a completely different bank if you want. I will be opening a new bank account when eBay forces me to switch to MP.

Actually, its a good idea to check with one's existing bank(s) to see what if any limits they have on both daily and monthly downloads from 3rd parties based on random transaction volume as well as random amounts.  I will HAVE to start with a new bank because I learned the two we currently use will not work for various reasons.

The one has a daily dollar limit and a monthly dollar limit ... any transactions that exceed that are REJECTED ... not delayed, not double checked, not allowed another time ... REJECTED.  I have no clue how eBay would handle a rejected transfer other then the obvious ... how does that song go ... " Go on take the money run, WOO WOOoooo, go on take the money and run ..."

Oh, just recently learned that MP only keeps 90 days worth of transactions ... ahhhh, PayPal keeps 7 YEARS worth ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It's really a sad commentary on the times we live in when a bank rejects money being put into an account.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

La La La I can't hear you. How dare you teach me things I didn't even know about MP yet... Why!!!!! I am supposed to be sleeping right now :'( Got one of those itches I need to scratch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I do know my bank gets mad if I deposit too much cash in a month.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It is bad when a company dictates where, when and how you will get your money.  

Just send me cash!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:
It's really a sad commentary on the times we live in when a bank rejects money being put into an account.

I was surprised too but every financial institute handles the movement of money differently ... these are two good size banks but the one that say we have no limits, no fees, is a small local bank ... they want the money!!!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I started with this the other day.

A friend said oh I just love my checking account with blah blah.

And I started asking, how many deposits allowed, daily , monthly, withdrawals, transaction totals...(This of course affects buying also) 

Its truly too much work for what I'm making.

Just to do the research on banks will be lots of hours.

When we are "invited" in, we will stop selling, at least until we see what happens.

And I'm getting pretty good selling on eBay....if I could find things & force myself to do it.

I'm going to pay more attention to what I'm doing with my time that's NOT making $$.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

We had a car wreck body repair.(totaled, we kept car & fixed it)

About 2K. 

Repairman wanted cash. 

(I love cash)

Ok.

But the bank ......didn't have that much cash.

Our money, couldn't get it.

Its a strange world.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Updates to the eBay User Agreement.jpg

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

"You can always open a new bank account. Even do it at a completely different bank if you want. I will be opening a new bank account when eBay forces me to switch to MP."

Do you really think banks are that much different from the retail grocery store groups or the department store groups?  Do you actually think they don't share information? Do you really think they don't use '3rd party partners' just like ebay? Have you ever completely read the privacy statements they send you, when they update them every 6 months or year?  Try it once in a while.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Your bank didn't have $2,000 in cash? Wow. Where in the world do you bank? That bank sure couldn't service very many customers in a day with a cash balance of under $2,000 . . .
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
Your bank didn't have $2,000 in cash? Wow. Where in the world do you bank? That bank sure couldn't service very many customers in a day with a cash balance of under $2,000 . . .

Things like that may be coming to your area - soon.  I used to have a branch of Citibank in Santa Barbara, but they closed it.  Now, the one I have, some 8 miles from me, does not accept cash for payments and, it appears that they don't deal with cash at all.  You pay at the ATM with a check - it seems that direct-deposit is all they use.  A Chase in S.B. ONLY deals with cash through their ATM, which dispenses $100 bils - I took out a couple thousand two weeks ago.  Banking, it has and continues to change.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

"You can always open a new bank account. Even do it at a completely different bank if you want. I will be opening a new bank account when eBay forces me to switch to MP."

Do you really think banks are that much different from the retail grocery store groups or the department store groups?  Do you actually think they don't share information? Do you really think they don't use '3rd party partners' just like ebay? Have you ever completely read the privacy statements they send you, when they update them every 6 months or year?  Try it once in a while.

I would assume OP was more concerned about eBay having direct access to their bank account.  I don't read privacy statements anymore because I already know they are written in the favor of the issuer.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply