cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I give the buyer the biggest discount or give eBay my money by increasing promoted listings?

I have been selling on eBay 2 years. I struggle with how to get the biggest bang for my buck. My mind says give to eBay or I won't get a sale and my heart says give the customer the discount. I'm just curious as to what others do...thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Should I give the buyer the biggest discount or give eBay my money by increasing promoted listings?

I though I had to do both or eBay will "hide my listings". But you are absolutely correct "why do either". I will give it a try...thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why do you feel the need to do either?  Be the best listing for any particular item (not always the lowest cost) and people will buy from you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There are many more shoe products on Ebay than there are feet on Ebay shoe buyers.

Which way do you think are more likely to get your shoes purchased? That's the way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In theory that is very altruistic . I give my customers the best service and I have seen them turn down an offer over $1

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I though I had to do both or eBay will "hide my listings". But you are absolutely correct "why do either". I will give it a try...thanks

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When we promote, which is only our older listings, we only promote at 2%.  We get plenty of sales ion unpromoted listings, so they're not hiding our listings.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply