cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Glitch

Is anybody esle experiencing a glitch when customers put 2 or more items in their shopping cart, but it is not showing on my end so that I can send them an invoice/discount. If you have more than one account, try this and see what happens?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Shopping Cart Glitch

The cart is and has been problematic.

So sadly your problem is not uncommon.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

You will never see items that are placed in the eBay cart. The only way to know if they are there is if the buyer clicks the "request total" button (at which point the items are considered bought and won't really be in the cart anymore.

Unfortunately the "request total" button isn't always available

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

The cart used to work this way just 2 weeks ago.  When people put my stuff in their cart, it just sat in my sold section saying "unpaid". Then, I could contact the customer, send and invoice, or cancel it.  This is not happening now. Request total button only works when one of the items has a shipping charge. It does not work when everything has free shipping.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

Buyers don't need an invoice if all their items are free shipping, they just need to click the pay now button.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

That's not how the cart works. When a buyer puts an item in their cart, it is not considered "sold" so it would never show on your end as a sold but unpaid. The only ones that would show in your "unpaid" section would be auctions won and not paid for, or buy it now items that don't require immediate payment.

I checked one of your BIN listings, and the payment details do say immediate payment required. Did you recently change your payment business policy to require immediate payment?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

For a large majority of FIXED PRICE items and purchases, eBay is automatically forcing immediate payment even if the seller doesn't have that box checked.   If this is the case, it's not a glitch, it's just how things are done now to cut down on non-paying buyers. 

You could have someone check your listings for you, but I find it's more convenient to have a separate eBay account so I can check to see if discounts (shipping and promotional) are being applied when a buyer correctly uses the cart. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

wrote:
That's not how the cart works. When a buyer puts an item in their cart, it is not considered "sold" so it would never show on your end as a sold but unpaid. The only ones that would show in your "unpaid" section would be auctions won and not paid for, or buy it now items that don't require immediate payment.

I checked one of your BIN listings, and the payment details do say immediate payment required. Did you recently change your payment business policy to require immediate payment?

Buyers have reported recently that although they put items in their cart, and did NOT commit to them, those items are showing up as sold and unpaid.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Shopping Cart Glitch

Not sure which is worse.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 9
latest reply