cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Mexico

What are my options to ship to Mexico.

Everyone seems to agree that Ebay's Global Shipping is a rip off.  I've had two buyers use it out of about 600 shipments.

The current item in question is a 5 x 5 x 5 inch box with a total weight of 12 ounces.  It is fragile.

So are other options to ship this to Mexico?

thx

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping to Mexico

Don't ship to Mexico directly unless you're paid by bank wire or WU. Their postal service is unreliable and odds are that the end result will be a PayPal claim and a total loss.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@sirwesf wrote:

What are my options to ship to Mexico.

Everyone seems to agree that Ebay's Global Shipping is a rip off.  I've had two buyers use it out of about 600 shipments.

The current item in question is a 5 x 5 x 5 inch box with a total weight of 12 ounces.  It is fragile.

So are other options to ship this to Mexico?

thx

How much is the item?  Take the money you earned and burn it, it will save you the time of losing that money later when the item never gets there.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Don't ship to Mexico directly unless you're paid by bank wire or WU. Their postal service is unreliable and odds are that the end result will be a PayPal claim and a total loss.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

First Class Package International is up to four pounds and is probably the most economical solution for medium-low-weight packages but, unfortunately, it does not include e-Delcon (Delivery Confirmation) to Mexico.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Ship its registered, no worries. Cost + 13.50 registered mail, its safe and will get there, you will just have to walk it in.

I have a buyer in Mexico, I send regular mail and never have a problem. If you want to be safe do the registered

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Although the Global Shipping Program is expensive for the buyer, at least the sellers are protected from foreign scammers who "never received my item," forcing you to make a full refund, plus eating the loss of your item.  It also saves the seller in cases of excess customs searches in other countries:  I shipped a paperback book (worth about $2.50 USD) to Mexico in November.  The buyer began contacting me after a month had gone by; and I blamed the holiday shipping, plus all the days that the post office had been closed from just before Thanksgiving, to just after New Year's.  After about 6 weeks, the book had still not been delivered, and the buyer was becoming very upset, and I suggested that he contact the main post office in Mexico City, as well as Mexican Customs.  He held off for a few more weeks; but finally contacted the main post office:  yep, his package was still sitting in Mexican Customs, waiting to be cleared -- which he was told would take at least another TWO WEEKS!  So it took 3-1/2 MONTHS for him to receive a $2.50 USD paperback.

Due to too many international thefts, and the slow international customs processing, I have stopped using USPS First Class International.  Use GSP, or a more expensive verified shipping program -- i"m just tired of being held responsible by buyers and eBay for the actions (or lack thereof) of post office employees and customs officials who don't give a scat for eBay's "guaranteed" shipping formulas.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Currently, the shipping to Mexico is still a challenge. Traditional carriers like USPS, Fedex and UPS charge too much, which almost eliminate our margin.

I did intensive research online and found a good shipping solution to Mexico. I strongly recommend a shipping company on the border of US - Mexico, who offers cheap rates and handle custom clearance. You may check it out [http://www.America-ship.com]

For the box (5 lbs) you metioned, this shipping cost will be around $12.88.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Have you checked to see if you can print a shipping lable with E-Delcon?   I don't know if eBay has it  now because it's been a while I've shipped anything to Mexico.     This label was printed using another platform where I don't pay eBay fees.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Mexico does have E-Delcon service.   As for eBay having the labels I don't know if they do.  

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@america-ship wrote:

Currently, the shipping to Mexico is still a challenge. Traditional carriers like USPS, Fedex and UPS charge too much, which almost eliminate our margin.

I did intensive research online and found a good shipping solution to Mexico. I strongly recommend a shipping company on the border of US - Mexico, who offers cheap rates and handle custom clearance. You may check it out [http://www.America-ship.com]

For the box (5 lbs) you metioned, this shipping cost will be around $12.88.

This is based in Brownsville,TX ,right across from Mexican border.

You ship your package t o them and they will tell you how much it would cost to ship using a Mexican carrier.

They drive across a bridge and voila NOW your package is  in Mexico.

But you have t o pay them a $5 handling fee for taking your package cross the border and YOU MUST PAY MEXICAN CUSTOMS DUTY.

So the total cost = domestic shipping from you to Brownsville,Tx, $5 handling fee you paid to them, Mexican customs duty plus Mexican shipping .

But there is tracking and signature can be obtained.

So it is cheaper than Fed Exp or GSP if you are shipping anything over $750 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

from their website-

the cost consists of three parts:
  1. shipping cost:  $8.88 for the first 1kg, $2 for each extra 1kg.  Flat rate to entire Mexico.  3-5 business days Economy Shipping. 
  2. custom tax and duty:  16% of your merchandise's value.  A receipt showing the value will be sufficient for custom clearance.
  3. handling fee:   $5 each every inbound package 

If you have mupltipy packages to combine together, we do not charge consolidation fee. But we still charge $5 per package we receive. 

1 kilo is 2 .2 lbs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

we dont know OP 's value ?

also there is shipping cost from OP to Brownsville.

On the site they are showing how much would it take to buy an Iphone and have it shipped to Mexico, THERE is this 16% MEXICAN custom duty fee waving in your face!   

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

correction- on the site, they said there is tracking but no mention of signature confirmation.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@gopetersen wrote:

First Class Package International is up to four pounds and is probably the most economical solution for medium-low-weight packages but, unfortunately, it does not include e-Delcon (Delivery Confirmation) to Mexico.

I shipped an item to Mexico on October 3rd, when I printed label, it said no delivery confirmation for first class or priority, but I took my chances and shipped first class anyway, I was surprised to see tracking was updated to delivered on Oct 13. Tracking# LK190370217US

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Also, if you are shipping to Mexico keep in mind they just experienced a category 5 hurricane.  You may want to check to see if the area you are sending it to has been affected.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I order items on Amazon all the time and even if I select the slowest shipping (free) the order is here in Mexico at my address within 5 business days. I have ordered from China and it takes about 6 weeks to get here,  the same length of time when I order from U.S. vitamin companies.

One woman I know has been waiting 4 months for 2 fruit cakes she ordered in December and when she drives to Texas, she is going to the bakery and demanding the cakes be replaced. I doubt they disappeared on the MX side. I don't think Mexicans eat fruit cake.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply