cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Cost Affect on Sellers

Are any sellers being affected by the increase of shipping costs via USPS, etc.?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Shipping Cost Affect on Sellers

@hartungcards 

We can thank Postmaster General Louis DeJoy…he needs to go. 

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Oh, ok, my bad.  Next time, fly it across the country yourself, and then let us know how much that cost you.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Well yes, and we all know for whom Louis DeJoy is an avid fundraiser.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Yes, but back in the old days, they raised it a penny every 25 years.  

Pricing on everything has spiraled out of control.   Wages are not keeping up.  

We are in one of the worst economies in history.  

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

Yes, but back in the old days, they raised it a penny every 25 years.  

Pricing on everything has spiraled out of control.   Wages are not keeping up.  

We are in one of the worst economies in history.  

No we aren't. I've lived through worse economic spells.

Inflation is slowing considerably. Wages are up and the labor market is strong. There is push-back on corporate greedflation that is keeping prices artificially high. We are in the midst of a soft landing.

ETA: Ooops! Forgot again - that's not the corporate media narrative!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Amazon is using USPS far less frequently in many parts of the country. If there is use of USPS it is likely to be solely in rural areas. Because of the lower populations in rural areas, this is decreasing important to Amazon strategy.

Yeah, they haven't used USPS at all where I live for years now. They've got their own fleet of vans and all Amazon packages arrive that way.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

"Yes, but back in the old days, they raised it a penny every 25 years."

Yes, and when a first class letter went from 1cent to 2cents, that was a 100% price increase.  I believe that was when we were "in one of the worst economies in history."

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Amazon is using USPS far less frequently in many parts of the country. If there is use of USPS it is likely to be solely in rural areas. Because of the lower populations in rural areas, this is decreasing important to Amazon strategy.

Yeah, they haven't used USPS at all where I live for years now. They've got their own fleet of vans and all Amazon packages arrive that way.

Oddly, since Amazon started in this region, we still have a mixture of Amazon vans and some USPS last-mile - I'm not sure how it breaks down (we're rural zoned but not actually rural, just an old first ring suburb).

As for shipping costs - I've found that Ground Advantage is a great fit for what I sell, and has lowered costs for me. I've had to keep shipping costs in mind, though, for what I decide to sell, but that's nothing new.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

what is presently much more of a problem to me it the amount of packages that the USPS is loosing, I would say that they have lost more of mine in 2024 than I lost in the last 5 years combined

I would tend to agree that this seems to be an increasing trend or I am just unfortunate. I recently finished up filing my third claim as the shipper for lost packages in the last 6-7 months. I have also filed two as a receiver. In all cases USPS sent me a check in 2-3 weeks so pretty fast closure. 

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

I have noticed very little impact and most of my packages ship USPS ground advantage. I use calculated shipping on almost all of my listings so the increases are simply absorbed into the total cost. That may be driving away some buyers depending on what you are selling but there are few options. 

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Every time they raise it

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@oletooks wrote:

Are any sellers being affected by the increase of shipping costs via USPS, etc.?

Actually with the onset of Ground Advantage Cubic to go along with the Priority Mail Cubic I have always been using my shipping costs have gone DOWN !!!!!!   WAY DOWN !!!!!!

Something about the candle and the darkness comes to mind.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

@oletooks wrote:

Actually with the onset of Ground Advantage Cubic to go along with the Priority Mail Cubic I have always been using my shipping costs have gone DOWN !!!!!!   WAY DOWN !!!!!!

Something about the candle and the darkness comes to mind.

Have to agree with you on this one. I often used priority mail prior to the introduction of ground advantage, both regular and cubic, simply for the insurance which first class package did not offer. Since the ground advantage comes with insurance and is generally cheaper than priority mail I ship a LOT less with priority mail than I used to. 

I was using cubic shipping long before eBay made it available since I purchase all my labels from Pirate Ship and use a cash back credit credit card to make those purchases. While ground advantage cubic is still sometimes a viable option the last price increase for priority mail cubic has reduced that option for a lot of my shipments.

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Well,  you must be one of the blind that believes what our senile president says.  

We are in total chaos and yet he says everything is fine.   yeah ok.  

There was a time in history when they didn't raise postal rates for 25 years!

I want to see them do that now.   

Message 30 of 33
latest reply