cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped Wrong Item to Buyer

I shipped the wrong item to buyer and they contacted me a month later and said in a really rude way that they want a full refund which is completely fine I made the mistake, but they will not ship back the purse I sent by mistake because she said it was a present for her Mother and she shipped it to her and she lives out of the country.  What she bought from me was a ceramic large pepper grinder / Olive oil set, but I sent her a small brand new Betsy Johnson purse by mistake.  I have contacted the person who ordered the purse and have not heard back from the either and they received the item around the same time a month ago.  I will refund them both obviously since it was my big mistake but not sure how I'm feeling about the item being shipped out of country and the package was obviously in a bag not a box weighing much less than what she would have bought and her not realizing that then. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yup. Refund and chalk it up to experience. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, heckofagame is right there is nothing you can do except refund and try not to do that again.

I am not laughing at you but how do you mixup a purse with a pepper grinder and olive oil? Bad day i guess. Wishing you good luck on all your future sales.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mamashelly5 

Oh NO!!! Not Betsy Johnson!! One of my favorites.  Unfortunately you'll have to eat this whole transaction unless the buyer that won't respond will come around. 

This is a tough lesson ( always check shipping label against PO and once more for good measure!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have no problem giving a refund for a mistake in 30 days. Buyer opens a claim and you refund them immediately.

Otherwise, I am not going to just give a refund if it is past the 30 days mark. 

If you honestly know you made the mistake it is up to you to refund in a goodwill attitude.

But I am not going to take the word of a buyer I shipped them the wrong item and just refund them.

I have had a buyer ask for a refund after 6 months and another one another 3 months.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A month later? I tell them to open a case.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Even though it was your mistake, they can't seriously expect a full refund for something they no longer have so aren't able to return it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 7
latest reply