cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shame on you, eBay!

I just relisted quite a few items. In my rush, I did not notice that I relisted some items twice. eBay tells me that only one item will be shown, while the second one will be shown when the firt one sells. This is weird. I did not list two similar items, but the exact same item twice. eBay should have noticed this and warn me that I was listing  the same item twice. I cancelled the duplicate items, but eBay is still charging me for the listing of the duplicates. Shame on you, eBay! This is not the way you should make your profit.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Shame on you, eBay!

Oh, I forgot about that. Good catch, Hidy!

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

copper.boom wrote:

@sockmonkeydave And how do you figure the odds that whatever tool eBay is building to replace TL will do the sameSmiley Indifferent

I use the Great Slug (TurboLister) too, and don't expect its replacement to be nearly as great in so many ways.  Regardless of what eBay is feeding us, I'm very skeptical that their new listing platform will have everything that I use and rely on in TurboLister.  Other than being so slowwwwwwwww, I love most everything about TurboLister.  Don't remember whether I've ever had a duplicate listing warning from it though, but don't remember ever having a duplicate, so maybe I never triggered it.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

hidy-hoo wrote:

The message that OP received was because it was a duplicate auction listing.  If you have duplicate items that are listed as auctions ~ one will show until it receives a bid and then the other will automatically list

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

Thanks, hidy!  I don't run auctions, so this is good info to post here for us!

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@copper.boom

@copper.boom wrote:

@sockmonkeydave And how do you figure the odds that whatever tool eBay is building to replace TL will do the same. Smiley Indifferent

Zip, nada, no chance...

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I've only made that mistake maybe 4 times in as many years and they sent a notice to me as a courtsey, cancelled the listing and did not charge me.

I have noticed, in the last 3/4 months that duplicate listings are crazy out of control. This may be a targeted crackdown you got caught up in with those sellers that have been taking advantage of their monitoring on this violation.   Although, the China sellers have been abusing this "weak link" for several years and even reports don't seem to curb it.Smiley Mad

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@vilkau wrote:

I just relisted quite a few items. In my rush, I did not notice that I relisted some items twice. eBay tells me that only one item will be shown, while the second one will be shown when the firt one sells. This is weird. I did not list two similar items, but the exact same item twice. eBay should have noticed this and warn me that I was listing  the same item twice. I cancelled the duplicate items, but eBay is still charging me for the listing of the duplicates. Shame on you, eBay! This is not the way you should make your profit.

@vilkau As pointed out above by Hidy-Hoo, this is the standard practice when you list a duplicate auction item. eBay will show the first listing and hide the second from search until the first one receives a bid.

eBay is not going to warn you about a duplicate because they don't know you don't have 2 of the item, and above is allowed for auctions. Here is more info for you:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/duplicate-listing.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-multi.html

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

The message that OP received was because it was a duplicate auction listing.  If you have duplicate items that are listed as auctions ~ one will show until it receives a bid and then the other will automatically list

The 30 cents will be useful as soon as the OP sells the first one. The nightmare of it all, what a shame.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@vilkau -  Sorry to hear of your trouble, but here's something that might help going forward:

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

It's a tool you can use that will go in and scan your listings and tell you if you have any duplicates so you can clean them up.

You might want to run it after you add new listings.  Takes just a minute,  and while it's an extra step, it could save you a lot of frustration (and expense) in the meantime.

HTH

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

If i meet this problem I just do a revise on the duplicate item and sell other stuff not to waste the listing fees. hope this help
http://stores.ebay.com/Ironcrosshunter
Ironcrosshunter 's 1/6 Scale Loose Gears And Box Action Figure
Message 24 of 24
latest reply