cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious errors in promoted listings& sell similar..ghost town no sales effect

Tested this twice..over 500 listings but only *newly created* listings sell. 

Method 1 March 5/6: end desired items (200+)..go to them, sell similar.

Batch edit revise promotions...make up dated name (mar6), choose rate..tells you it's done! No, it's not!!

Testing said newbie listings: revise item, gander promotion info: OLD past campaigns!!!! This indexes you as old old listings via date! Plus, it's trying to acquire fees wrongly. 

Method two: 150 listings, first Stop Promoting. Then End listing. Grab, sell similar, choose dated name March9, new rate%> tells you it's done!

NO, it is NOT! Revise item to peek at new work listing--- has OLD campaigns dates!!!!! This is why a ghost town since Xmas week. Btw, if I stopped promoting, where is it pulling ANY campaign dates from???

Xmas was insightful. 500+ listings, nary a view or sale. Three days of typing, templating, batches of 50, manual end/create new by template 1by1.

Quadrupled sales. 

Sorry but promoted listings are a hobbling device, not a boon. And or taking inapropos fees without user permission, and scarily, if I hadn't checked n peeked inside listing, aha it lies.

I'd be still duped. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Serious errors in promoted listings& sell similar..ghost town no sales effect

Yeah, I talked about that at the end (sorry, I'm a windbag writer).  It imports whatever the last suggested ad rate was when the item sold. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Serious errors in promoted listings& sell similar..ghost town no sales effect

I don't have the technical know how, but I have a feeling from my experience, that ending and selling similar doesn't have the same effect as it once did.  

Maybe there is a way that Ebay can embed code into the listing to determine how many times a listing has been re-listed as "sell similar".  As I said, it's more of a thought or feeling based on my experience.  

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Your feeling appears to be correct, as I showed with some listings in my reply above.   But it's not about how many times you've done it with a listing; even the first time it will still be handicapped in search results. 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Not if you relist  as a NEW Listing. Goes back to the top. Seen by all!

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Thats what I do. Then its considered a new listing, gets seen again, and item will sells a lot of the time!

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Works for me and I do it all  time. I will check, and item shows up as a new listing.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@frodobagginskennedy wrote:

so you are willing hurting sellers who are trying everything to make a sale when some of them are going days without sales?  Thanks for letting me know!!

Well sellers who are willing to step on other sellers backs simply by PAYING for it are doing the same thing.

As  a buyer I do not go make a complaint to the head office. When I don't like what a company does I just quietly  shop elsewhere.

I hate company surveys that act like they care a bout a buyer's experience.

Any company only cares about their own bottom line.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@pereirahawk wrote:

Maybe there is a way that Ebay can embed code into the listing to determine how many times a listing has been re-listed as "sell similar".  As I said, it's more of a thought or feeling based on my experience.  

Every listing made on eBay includes a UUID, every picture uploaded to eBay includes a UUID, this has been true for 20+ years.

slippinjimmy_0-1679688750956.png

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

I try to avoid buying from "sponsored" listings.

I disagree with the whole premise of them.

The whole "premise" for promoted listings is for ebay to make more money.

I can understand that.

As a seller I don't use promoted listings.

As a buyer I will buy from whoever I feel is the best seller with the best price, sponsored listing or not.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

"

I delisted some high end promotions. I am curious to see if eBay will try to push these listings to sell since I will still get charged for the 12-15 % promoted listings I took off in a 30 day period. It was just a thought on doing this. I mean, after 30 days I took off the listing eBay will lose the extra money if they don't sell.

I also noted since I stopped promoted listings..I only have 265 promoted out of 2000+. And I have went from almost no new Domestic Buyers to International Buyers. This is interesting because eBay makes more from my International Buyers than Domestic Buyers. I was only getting Domestic Buyers for months and now it's mostly International Buyers ...I also charge for International Shipping and not Domestic Shipping which is free.

Luckily, I have repeat buyers."

When I first did promoted I too saw a DRASTIC increase in international sales, and I came to the same conclusion you have, higher shipping, means higher FVF. But, they are also trying to increase buyers, so that's a good thing.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Dear Adventurer, Does relist8ng help or not?

Message 26 of 26
latest reply