cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending photos in a message. HTML based photos??

A potential buyer sent me an email with a question and I wanted to send them a photo. This used to be easy. Now, as soon as I click on Attach Photo, I was greeted with a window that the email recipient has to be setup to recieve HTML based photos and to check my settings. I found no settings or helpful info for message photos. What are they talking about? You can't just upload a jpg anymore? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Sending photos in a message. HTML based photos??

What method are you using for this message? Tablet, eBay app, eBay mobile site, desktop?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Desktop, thanks

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Wow, thanks!! I would have NEVER found that.  So that would include photo attachments. Hmmm.   BTW- just what is an HTML based photo? Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@pradikat wrote:

A potential buyer sent me an email with a question and I wanted to send them a photo.

Big red flag. How did they even get your email address? Stick with the Ebay messaging service. You can add photos easily and the buyer can just click on them to view.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If I get eBay messages for additional photos I add them to the listing, if one buyer wants to see something special chances are other buyers do too.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

If I get eBay messages for additional photos I add them to the listing, if one buyer wants to see something special chances are other buyers do too.

IMHO toysaver has the right answer - add it to the listing so it becomes a part of the listing itself. 

eBay already has a system designed to show photos of an item to the buyer; why use a different one? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

I wouldn't always post a picture like that if it makes your item appear worse than it is. Sometimes I get asked for pictures of the bottom of a car that is listed. I'll send it to that one person but would never add it to the listing. Surface rust on the bare metal parts under a car are normal for even a one year old car, but many people assume it was in a flood or something when they see that.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I go out of my way to make sure any defects are readily visible in photographs.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

desktop
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

I go out of my way to make sure any defects are readily visible in photographs.

There is a difference between defects and normal wear on used items. Once you point out one defect, it gives the buyer an opportunity to find some others, real or imagined, that you didn't mention to either get a discount or a SNAD return.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Regarding responding to an email, it was the email notifcation of the inquiry.  The link took me to ebay to respond. I should have been more clear about that. Sorry.  I eventually had to add the photos to my listing but sending him a photo directly would have been more personable, as well. Being a small seller, I try to foster than connection with a potential buyer.  Honesty is always the best policy and no ones likes surprises on ebay. 

I have changed the setting as suggested. Though I must add that it is called "email format".  The HTML setting must be the default setting. Thanks for all the input!!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply