cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an Invoice?

So, here is my thread where I described someone making me an offer when the listing was not a BO.:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Making-an-offer-on-a-BIN-without-BO-listing/td-p/28281481/jump...

The person has not paid.  That is not bothersome if she changed her mind or what have you.   What I do not know is, did EBAY send her an invoice already?  I assume its automatically generated, like always.   Next to her “sold” item, it shows I am still awaiting payment, and the option to “send an invoice.”  

I don’t want to send her one if she already received one.   (Might rub wrong) I will wait it out and resist it if she does not pay.  However, I do not want her to say I resisted when she never got an invoice.

4 REPLIES 4

Sending an Invoice?

We will send a invoice after about a week sometimes.  A lot of times we dont send one at all.  The buyer knows when to pay.  Its just a matter if they are ready or not.  Sometimes it just sits there and they never pay.   Its just how it goes sometimes.  Try to be patient with them and they will come back for more of your stuff.  Best regards

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sending an Invoice?

@currencyoftime

eBay sends an email once a buyer wins something. Most sellers send their own though.

Your buyer could be waiting for you to send her an invoice. Some buyers do not pay until they get one from you.

Go ahead and send her one of your own.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sending an Invoice?

Avoiding the impression that I cannot wait for the payment is what I am trying to avoid.   That is why I hesitate.  Like darned if you do, darned if you don’t scenario.

Sending an Invoice?

I avoid ever sending out invoices unless I need to combine multiple purchases and adjust the shipping cost.  Even then, I worry that I may lock in a postage cost to an incorrect destination, since, until they actually pay you don't know what the address will be.   They could be sending as a gift and the zip may change.  This is in regards to calculated shipping of course.

You can always send an email after awhile to thank them for the purchase and gently remind them payment hasn't been received. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply