cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an offer through messages has not been working for weeks......

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the "SEND AND OFFER" through the ebay messages link.    For weeks now- when i try to send an offer through the ebay messages link- it comes back with a red explanation point and message saying " Already an open offer or too many offers to this person"

These are items that have never had offers sent and  buyers that I've never had contact with.   Also to troubleshot...... i can still revise the items so there are NO active offers on them.

It has happened about 10x in the last month.......wondering if its a glitch tied to the rollout of the new messaging system?   ( i am using the classic messaging system on a computer, but it gives the same message when trying to use the pone app as well.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Do you mean the "send offer" to watchers or "reply with offer"?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I mean  "reply with offer" in the messages section.    I can still initiate offers like normal- i just dont know who is receiving them.  I am trying to send the offer directly to the person that messaged me about the item.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I’m not having any issues with it. I just sent two offers (two different books) Tuesday evening and they went off with no issues. Buyer paid and I shipped yesterday. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Have you tried the whole clear cache/ update browser thing? Just a thought.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you are talking about sending a custom offer to a buyer then by chance is it an auction style listing?

Custom reply with offer is only for the fixed price format.

My other guess would be that the buyer does not wish to receive offers.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No issues here.  Replied with offer today and made the sale.  On a desktop.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have the same problem. When I "reply with offer" using eBay's new messaging system my customer receives a notification with the original (non-discounted) price. I then switch to the old messaging layout but when I try to re-send the offer, I get the  " Already an open offer or too many offers to this person" message.

Every time this happens, I'm forced to create a new custom listing with the discounted product(s)...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I sent an offer to a watcher more than two weeks ago and now I have more watchers who can't get an offer from me because the old offer hasn't gone away which is supposed to only last two days. How do I get the old offer to end?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply