cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling on eBay

My analysis:

Between the eBay/pmt fees on item/postage & high postage & low traffic/bids & risk of returns...

so many items once 'worth' listing on eBay... are no longer able to return even minimum wage per hour for: sourcing, cleaning/repairing, taking photos, describing, answering questions, packing, getting to Post Office... 

Each day, I go through items, asking: Will this net me $5.00 ? less ?

Each day, less of what I have to sell is posted, instead, it goes into flea mkt/yard sale boxes, or, gets donated.

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Selling on eBay

I notice people in the ebay forums tend to tell sellers their items aren't selling because the items are unwanted ...uh, no!

Lately I list my stuff on other sites and they DO sell for the same $ I have listed here and sometimes even more $...so it's EBAY. not the items. plus the fees here are higher than any other site I sell on so I make more profit elsewhere 😄

I list here but have little hope for selling much anymore. too much time for so little in return 😞

I used to buy here on Ebay all of the time but it's actually easier to find things I want through Google (that ends up taking me to other sites and only rarely to Ebay) then on Ebay since you can TELL Ebay manipulates search and limits what a buyer can see. 

plus Ebay seems to love promoting the cheap imported garbage now (that you can get anywhere!)  No Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply