cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling on eBay.com but ship from Canada return labels

US buyer requesting return.  I sell on eBay.com but live in Canada do I buy the return label on eBay.ca or eBay.com as want to generate eBay’s return label.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling on eBay.com but ship from Canada return labels

@namron8mont wrote:

Just tried stamps.com but is monthly fee and am very casual seller.

Thanks

Pirate Ship Accounts are free.

I think someone already mentioned Shippo, also free.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If you're selling on eBay.com, you'll probably have to generate the label via eBay.com, not eBay.ca, but I'm not 100% certain.  Either way it should be the same process, as eBay generates the label using the addresses on the order (the buyer's, and your Return Address from your Account Settings, which may not be your Ship-From Address).

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Called eBay and informed must go to post office to purchase shipping label then upload the purchased label to ebay.  Any other Canadian sellers here that sell on eBay.com and know if this only way to do return label?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@namron8mont wrote:

US buyer requesting return.  I sell on eBay.com but live in Canada do I buy the return label on eBay.ca or eBay.com as want to generate eBay’s return label.

Join a site like Pirateship or Stamps.com and buy a label back to Canada from there. That's what I do for returns.

Cheers, Colleen

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

If you're selling on eBay.com, you'll probably have to generate the label via eBay.com, not eBay.ca, but I'm not 100% certain.  Either way it should be the same process, as eBay generates the label using the addresses on the order (the buyer's, and your Return Address from your Account Settings, which may not be your Ship-From Address).

Return address is supposed to be the ship from address. It didn't used to be, I had a return address in Canada, then eBay stopped letting me buy postage labels and required a ship from and return to address to both be in the US.

I suppose I could have had two different addresses if they were both in the US, but I imagine the OP is not in that boat if they need to generate a label to Canada.

C.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It's not possible to get an international return label on ebay.

You can sign up for Shippo and print a label from the US to Canada there.

I've also read that Canadians can do the same at Pirateship.com although I haven't tried it. You may also be able to get a return label through a courier but that is just a guess.

Or you can you can figure out the cost of the return label and send them the money through PP but I think that it is worth it to make an extra effort to send them a label.

I do remember reading that you can arrange for a return label at Canada Post but I would guess that is only if it is a domestic transaction, not an international one. 

There are a few of us Canadians who post on these .com boards but for shipping information from Canada, it is generally best to first ask on the ebay.ca discussion boards regardless of which site you are listing on. Customer service is rarely familiar with questions about shipping from Canada.

https://community.ebay.ca/     

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@namron8mont wrote:

Called eBay and informed must go to post office to purchase shipping label then upload the purchased label to ebay.  Any other Canadian sellers here that sell on eBay.com and know if this only way to do return label?

Read my reply, you can buy the label online. I use stamps.com.

C.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Logically and historically, the return address on a return label should be address it is being shipped from, so that zoned postage is correctly calculated. And can be checked, in transit, by USPS.

That is one PITA if you use other than USPS' return service labels on Ebay, Pirate Ship, Stamps, Endicia or PayPal.

Sites like Amazon use USPS return service labels, which are not paid for until they are scanned and costs are calculated based on origin and destination when scanned, and charged to Amazon who charges the seller. They also limit the shipping methods the package travels.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

I had a return address in Canada, then eBay [...] required a ship from and return to address to both be in the US. 

The sellers in e.g. China deliberately (and are allowed to) set return addresses in China, written in Chinese.

(This below is in Japan.)

teth_1615_0-1714170261674.jpeg

Then when the seller in China tells eBay that they cannot issue a prepaid return label, eBay shows that address in China to the buyer which stalls the return, destined to time out without a refund.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@namron8mont wrote:

Thanks

Pirate Ship Accounts are free.

I think someone already mentioned Shippo, also free.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply