cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling items is slow

2024 has started off extremely slow in fact so slow im not sure ebay will be in buisness before long its absurd. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Selling items is slow

For years many have predicted the demise of eBay, and yet eBay is still around.  
From looking at your items sold you seem to be doing ok with over  700 items sold in the past 90 days.  
Don't forget January through mid April people are focusing on getting their income taxes done. Luxury items like baseball cards and like may not be on their list of priorities right now.  
On line sales are never consistent, some days it's a feast some days famine.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Reports of eBay's imminent demise are absurd.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Sales for all businesses are struggling in 2024. We're in a very challenging business cycle right now & will remain challenging for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy the turbulent business times!!!

🙏

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I don't think your sales lag is an indication that an entire multinational site is going to go out of business. Particularly since consumer spending is brisk.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@hartungcards 

And has been predicted to fail since 1995....who knew? lol

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Just because YOU think your own sales are slow does not mean ebay is going out of business.

Ebay has plenty of sellers who make lots of money for them.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Actually eBay stock price is up over the last 12 months. I do not think that your poor sales are going to effect their bottom line to the point of filing Chapter 11.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mm-auto-and-sound-performance-llc wrote:

2024 has started off extremely slow in fact so slow im not sure ebay will be in buisness before long its absurd. 

It's time to formulate " the plan"

Good luck

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Jan and March were fine for me - but Feb was slow.....  It ends up evening out.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@ebooksdiva ,

Many sellers on this board would be dying to have sold over 700 items in the last 90 days. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@ebooksdiva ,

Many sellers on this board would be dying to have sold over 700 items in the last 90 days. 

Agreed 👍 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Sales may be slow for you but going very well for others. Don't assume that because your sales are slow everybodys are.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Disaster could strike at any moment for someone selling in only one collectable category. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

You've sold 792 items in the past three months.

How does that compare to your numbers in early 2023? 2022? 2019? (we skip the 2020 and 2021 pandemic buying surge years as outliers.)

Compare both number and total value?

Are both down?

Sometimes we feel that things are off, but the actual numbers tell us different. Sometimes we are correct.

Personally, on one account I've been so busy,even for what is normally my busiest time of year, that I have not been listing on this account. One result is that this account is down from last year, but my overall income is up.

YMMV.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply