cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling ink cartridges

Sellers  who sell Selling ink cartridges that do not disclose the expiration date should not be listing the ink cartridges. Ebay should make sellers put the date in the listings. Also ban the item if it not listed. PERIOD

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Selling ink cartridges

If the date is not apparent in the photos, one should ask the seller before purchasing. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

Yes, you are, of course, correct.  But eBay has no way to police every single listing to make sure that information is shown to potential buyers.

Best bet is either (a) ask seller or (b) find another listing where that date is shown.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

I buy most of my ink cartridges here, but am very picky to see that expiration date before I push BIN.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

Sellers  who sell Selling ink cartridges that do not disclose the expiration date should not be listing the ink cartridges. 

Sellers Buyers who sell buy ink cartridges that do not disclose the expiration date should not be listing buying the ink cartridges if the expiration date is important to them. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

@g.a.w 

Buyers who buy Buying ink cartridges that do not check the expiration date should not be buying the ink cartridges. Ebay should make buyers check the date in the listings. Also ban the buyer if they not check first. PERIOD!!1

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

You mean like these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186230842900

My thing is, its a consumable item. Which is a reason why I have listed with no returns.  However, that doesn't mean someone couldn't try to return it under INAD.  But to date, I have sold several out of that listing without problems.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

Disagree. They put stipulations on items if it is not listed in the description. I  know and have experience that

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

Per Canon (For example) there is NO expiration date. Like Paint- I've had 1/2 gallon left in a gallon can for 20 years...still works the same once stirred. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

Lighten up, Francis.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Selling ink cartridges

I've never had a problem with expired ink.  I wouldn't purposely buy it but have found old stuff in my office and it worked fine.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply