cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling digital posters with instant download

Hello.

Just looking for some general advice here as I find the eBay guides on what you can/can't sell somewhat vague...

I'm looking to sell digital posters in either PDF, PNG or JPG format which the buyer will be able to download after purchasing. 

Does anyone have direct experience with doing this or know whether it's actually allowed? Any guidance or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@charliee9818 

Do you own the copyrights to these posters?   Here's the policy on digitally delivered goods.  They are restricted/prohibited on eEbay.  You must be approved and most are not.  Here's a link that can be helpful:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

Bottom line...if you don't want your account to be suspended I wouldn't do it.  And just because others are, it still doesn't make it right.   They just haven't been caught...yet.  

Don't do it. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@charliee9818 

Here is the eBay Help Page about electronically delivered items.

Take note that it is, in most cases, not allowed, sellers must ship a physical item.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@charliee9818 

Do you own the copyrights to these posters?   Here's the policy on digitally delivered goods.  They are restricted/prohibited on eEbay.  You must be approved and most are not.  Here's a link that can be helpful:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

Bottom line...if you don't want your account to be suspended I wouldn't do it.  And just because others are, it still doesn't make it right.   They just haven't been caught...yet.  

Don't do it. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@charliee9818 wrote:

Hello.

Just looking for some general advice here as I find the eBay guides on what you can/can't sell somewhat vague...

I'm looking to sell digital posters in either PDF, PNG or JPG format which the buyer will be able to download after purchasing. 

Does anyone have direct experience with doing this or know whether it's actually allowed? Any guidance or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Aside from whether eBay allows it, you need to think this out further.

Why would I pay you $20 to $50 to buy a copy when I can simply click "save image as" and copy it directly to my own computer, size it to my liking  then print it out from there. Or I can download it for free from Google.

poster.jpg

This is directly from your listing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply