cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling clothing with multiple sizes

Hi,

I am selling some clothing I got wholesale from a manufacturer. I have a few sizes each of each style.  I started thinking I would put them in as a Variation listing (with the sizes being the variation) but as I was doing that I realized it wont let you use Size as a variation, even though Size is one of their examples.  I thought about working around it by putting Sizes as the variation, instead is Size, cause it will take that. Then, I also realized you have to put a size, only 1, in the Item Specific section. So, of course, only putting 1 size in the specifics will effect search for people of other sizes.

Anyway, so is the best thing to do is to have a separate listing for each size? Or is there another way to do it that i'm blanking on.

Thanks  🙂

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I already know how to create variation listings. But I do thank you for taking the time to send links.

I figured it out by some experimenting. So I will answer my own question to hopefully help anyone else who might have the same issue.

Basically, go straight to the Variation section of the listing tool. Don't fill in the title or any of the item specifics, just go straight to the Variation sections and fill that in as needed. Then, go back and fill in the title and item specifics. That is the easiest way to do it to avoid it triggering the Variation to not allow a certain variation you may need.

Hope that helps someone!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that info!

I have also run in to that problem before.

My shortcut way of "fixing" it is, instead of using the word "size" use...

-SIZE-

--SIZE--

---SIZE---

SIZE.

SIZE_

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Were can I find the Variation section in eBay ??

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lcc-334 wrote:

Were can I find the Variation section in eBay ??

First thing: variations are not supported on the app. Make sure you're using the website. Variations are not supported for auction format listings; make sure you're using fixed price.

By default the variation setting is hidden on the listing form. Once you unhide the setting it will stick for future listings.

On the top right of the page click the settings menu (3 vertical dots) and toggle the variations slider if it's not already on.

Make sure you're working off a new listing, not a relist or sell similar from a listing without variations.

Beyond that it comes down to category; not every category supports variations.

If the category supports variations you'll find them in a non-intuitive, awkward placement on the listing form - below item specifics instead of above them. Make sure you set up variations before you fill out any of the IS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply