cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings dont' work!

Been on eBay for over 10 years and I'm here to say promoted listings don't work, they're just another way eBay ripps us off, and I am tired of it. I have over 80 good listings all promoted and I have only one sale for a month with no views and no offers. eBay is definitely manipulated and way crooked against small sellers, we get peanuts while big box sellers get all the exposure.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I agree, ebay has failed to deliver any meaningful traffic with promoted listings for me as well. With 700+ active listings, I get about 5 to 10 views a day from it, and some days not a single view from it at all.

Even bidding higher than ebay's suggested ad rates returns zero views for me.

You'd be right that the big box sellers get all the exposure. There is no level playing field for sellers on ebay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What’s your percentage set at?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You need more than 80 items. There are well over 200,000 minerals and crystals listings, many with outstanding photos that really pop.

Before spending another penny on anything promoted, I would up my listing game - more items, better photos of those items.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I agree, ebay has failed to deliver any meaningful traffic with promoted listings for me as well. With 700+ active listings, I get about 5 to 10 views a day from it, and some days not a single view from it at all.

Even bidding higher than ebay's suggested ad rates returns zero views for me.

You'd be right that the big box sellers get all the exposure. There is no level playing field for sellers on ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's been my experience that they do increase eyeballs, but that PL listings seem to sell less than non-PL.

As if the customer is brought to my Store by a PL listing, then browses and finds other stuff.

About a quarter of my listings are PL at the 2% minimum.

A Canadian seller has been running a test on PL for a couple of years now. He's not ready to publish any results but last I heard he seemed to think that PL does work better than offering across the board discounts.

If that is true, paying 2% PL to eBay will give you more sales than a 10% sale price.

I don't think he has discussed targetted Best Offers. Personally I find them underwhelming.

@ricarmic  How is the survey going?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Agreed. Standard Promotion works just fine, but the Advanced is a nightmare. Comes with an enormous cost, which we could never push back down to an acceptable level. Sure your items will be exposed, but the cost isn't worth it, at least not for us and it seems like it didn't increase our sales either. For some reason, all those impressions don't turn into sales.

Anyone else has different view on Advanced Promotions?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Probably because every seller is doing it, thus resulting in a net zero gain.

I have also noticed something else that came as a result, ebay is no longer cheaper than other Marketplaces and I think losing that is far worse than any gains that may have come. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply