cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling clothes

Is ebay the best place to sell clothes?

I have only sold vintage stickers and Retro 51 pens.  I was thinking about selling clothes next, but concerned about buyers wanting to return items or complaining about the fit.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Selling clothes

2 out of 10 clothing gets returned. 

Plan it

Live it

Love it

Oh, and there are 10,500,000 listings by other seller for clothes (a slight over-saturated). 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Selling clothes

With that many listings, I probably won't make many sales.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Selling clothes

Half of the population of America is trying to sell the clothing on eBay that the other half donated to thrift stores. 

The clothing market is not saturated, it is quite over-saturated.

However, you can still succeed if you can:  Create classy listings, as in major retailer / catalogue quality listings.  (But never use stock photos.)  Offer good brand names.  Use a mannequin so people can see the drape and fit.  Include detailed, actual measurements in the listing, as sizes are almost meaningless, with no consistency among makers.  Think about finding a niche.  Be prepared to graciously accept returns. 

-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Selling clothes

My neighbor use to sell his wives clothes and shoes she did not want.  He always had sales.  She past away a few years ago I am sure he sold the rest of her clothes. He said what he can't sell then goes to thrift.

Never hurts to try.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Selling clothes

@cartoc673 wrote:

Is ebay the best place to sell clothes?

I have only sold vintage stickers and Retro 51 pens.  I was thinking about selling clothes next, but concerned about buyers wanting to return items or complaining about the fit.

That's going to be part of the game. I take 30 day returns buyer pays and am actually not inundated with returns - I make it easy for the buyer by auto-accepting them.

It's a good idea to know a something about clothing and garment construction, and give measurements.

There are 28,000,000+ listings for "top" alone, 13,000,000+ for pants, 9,000,000+ for coat, 14,000,000+ for jacket - you can see where I'm going with this, it's very competitive.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Selling clothes

If you can source more stickers, I'd say Stick With That! I had no idea, wondering what I can find around here...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply