cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Mammoth Fossils

Could somebody help me with wording my listings correctly; I see that Mammoth tooth fossils are sold in Ebay, but I don't seem to use the right wording to create an approved listing. Is the Fossils the key word? I am trying to sell my deceased husbands mammoth fossils (for knife making); he was able to buy them in Ebay but I don't seem to be able to sell them here. Thank You in advance for your help,

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Selling Mammoth Fossils

it doesn't appear that the word "fossil" is the problem--a vast majority of the listings in that area use it (I searched "mammoth fossil" and got a ton of hits).  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Selling Mammoth Fossils

Never was lucky enough to have any of those to sell, but when I started out I got popped for selling a fossil piece of whale bone 😂. Look at how other people are listing mammoth fossils. What is their wording like? You may also say something about how this item isn't covered under the endangered animal rule. DO NOT SAY IVORY ANYWHERE IN THE LISTING!! I'm not sure what key words the bots are going after but tooth or tusk may set them off. 

Good luck with this and have many happy buyers!

=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Selling Mammoth Fossils

it doesn't appear that the word "fossil" is the problem--a vast majority of the listings in that area use it (I searched "mammoth fossil" and got a ton of hits).  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Selling Mammoth Fossils

Yu have two listing up right now that says mammoth ivory.  Revise that listing ASAP!!  Also remove the line about having mammoth ivory, teeth, etc. Say pieces or parts or anything but those trigger words! 

=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Selling Mammoth Fossils

Thank You!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Selling Mammoth Fossils

Thank You!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Selling Mammoth Fossils

People turn in posts with mammoth or fossil..

They click on the listing ..

Then the 3 buttons at the top corner ..

Gives them an option to report the listings ..

Most of these people are selling mammoth and trying to knock out the completion. 

It sucks ! 

Mammoth and all legitimate fossils should be allowed 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply