cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling? Iffy Buyer? Gut Feeling? Any Advice?

So I sold 4 items totaling close to $150 plus $30 plus in shipping charges yesterday to a brand new buyer, opened account 4/20/24. Obviously no feedback yet. I sold 3 pairs of my more expensive panties and a candle. Panties are different sizes, small and medium. In my 13+ years of selling on eBay I have NEVER sold clothes plus a candle to any one buyer. Most buyers are looking for either or. Buyer also did not request a combined shipping discount which actually would be a big difference. Panties would ship basically for free along with the heavier candle. Should I cancel? What would other sellers do? Worst that can happen, negative feedback? Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Selling? Iffy Buyer? Gut Feeling? Any Advice?

Your WalMart, like many others, has self checkout, so no chance to question you on the way out.

Purchase that same assortment on eBay, however, and watch out! Especially those fruit cups!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Our Walmart has underwear locked up behind glass. 

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Wow , why is this getting to be a big deal? Just ship and be nice and refund a combined shipping discount to create good karma.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I once sold all of the books and hats listed in my store, to the same person.

It presented quite a packing challenge.

I don't see the reason to be looking up people's locations on Google maps - what is it going to tell anyone? Half the time they're out of date, anyway.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@a_c_green Unlike Walmart I can't afford to take a $150 hit. And lose the items. I messaged the buyer and very nicely said I will refund the shipping difference when I ship them. See if I get a response. Another thing is that this buyer literally went directly to my items. I sell 90+% of my items via promoted. Not at all on this sale...

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Good to know. 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@yellow-snapdragon wrote:

@a_c_green Unlike Walmart I can't afford to take a $150 hit. And lose the items. I messaged the buyer and very nicely said I will refund the shipping difference when I ship them. See if I get a response.

I understand your concern but you're really overthinking this. Messaging the buyer to say that you're refunding the Shipping overage is great, but unless you're asking a question requiring an answer, you may or may not get a Thank You in reply. In my buying account, I tend to make my purchases and log off again; I don't check for correspondence very often.

Ship the items with Delivery Confirmation and you'll likely be just fine.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

We give advice and suggestions...seller can either take it or leave.

We don't need to contradict one another.

The person who mentioned about just "google the address"...some sellers would like to know if the items are going "freight forward" to a USA address and then to another country...so "google the address" can make sense sometimes...address usually shows up as a commercial building. Nothing wrong with anything going freight forward...I usually do another step of taking a photo of package and send it to buyer in an email their package is on the way....and it might take longer due to it going to another country. This way the buyer doesn't get mad it is taking so long if they are in another country. "We do get graded on communication so it makes sense sometimes."

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I google an address every now and then....as well.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Chances are if you have to post here asking those questions you already know the answers.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply