cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers, can you..

tell me what ebay is talking about ?  I've just received this message from ebay.  TIA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay is happy to announce plans to further improve the customer experience by intermediating payments on our Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers.

You do not need to take any action at this time. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey.

Over the past three years, eBay has transformed its business to drive the best choice, most relevance and most powerful selling platform. Building out our payments capabilities is the next step in that strategy.

Payments intermediation will bring significant benefits for eBay sellers. You can expect a simplified pricing structure, more predictable access to funds, and most sellers can expect their costs of payments processing to be reduced. We’re also working on ways to provide sellers a central place to track and manage their business, which can soon include payments information.

By offering buyers more choice in how they pay and expanding payment options into more geographies, eBay believes sellers will be able to reach more buyers and improve conversion.

The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience.

Again, you do not need to take any action at this time. As eBay gets closer to the initial phase of its intermediation efforts, we will share more details about this process and next steps for sellers. In the meantime, please read the eBay Inc announcement for further information. For any immediate questions or to share feedback, please email paymentsinfouk@ebay.com.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sellers, can you..

Hi, Madison:

There is another thread on this Board, Ebay Intermediate Payment System, that has a link to the announcement.

Basically, it says Ebay has partnered with Ayden, a Dutch (I believe) company, to process payments.  Paypal will still be a payment option.  They believe this will have advantages by offering more payment options.

They are phasing this in several years from now.  Possibly 2023.  Supposedly it would result in lower costs for sellers. 

That's it in a nutshell.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Sellers, can you..

Read all about it: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-intermediate-payments-announcement/m-p/28061993

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

I have no clue - but I'll be curious to find out how much more in fees this "improvement to the customer experience" will ultimately cost us.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

Hi, Madison:

There is another thread on this Board, Ebay Intermediate Payment System, that has a link to the announcement.

Basically, it says Ebay has partnered with Ayden, a Dutch (I believe) company, to process payments.  Paypal will still be a payment option.  They believe this will have advantages by offering more payment options.

They are phasing this in several years from now.  Possibly 2023.  Supposedly it would result in lower costs for sellers. 

That's it in a nutshell.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

Thanks, Castle.

I just wanted it explained briefly in plain English, instead of a long fat message that blew my mind. grimacing

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

Be sure to click on and read that information from the link near the bottom of the email. I found that had more information than the email or announcement seemed to have.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

Down and dirty translation.

We want to be like AMZ and have all the buyers pay US and then we'll pay the sellers.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

wrote:

I have no clue - but I'll be curious to find out how much more in fees this "improvement to the customer experience" will ultimately cost us.

Guaranteed they will raise the FVF's maybe 1-2%, and then when the new payment system comes in, charge us a bit less than PP does, maybe .4% less, and that equates to 'Good News for Sellers' in their minds.

Sellers, can you..

Thanks for posting this, Sweet Tea.

wrote:

Read all about it: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-intermediate-payments-announcement/m-p/28061993

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

wrote:

We want to be like AMZ and have all the buyers pay US and then we'll pay the sellers.

You forgot the "we hold your (seller's) funds for 15 days, thus earning beaucoup bucks for ebay" part.

Never had a problem with that with Amazon or anywhere else; knew the rules going in.  I am not up to date on all online sites but how many deposit funds into seller accounts immediately upon payment by buyer?  I would think ebay is the exception ?

Things always change (but someday VHS will be back and my Hoarder Husband can use all of those blank tapes he's hoarding) but right now paypal is King (except on Amazon, which would be a huuuuuuge chunk of cash for paypal but I digress ...).   I use paypal on every other site I can.

I have no intention of selling here until 2023 (I just hope I'm still breathing in 2023) and will wait to see how much "financial information" is necessary for this Advent/Abdul/AOne thing.   I agree that this will be an implementation disaster.

Oh well ...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

I never had an issue with it with AMZ either, but the BIG difference is I trust AMZ, eBay not so much.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

wrote:

Thanks, Castle.

I just wanted it explained briefly in plain English, instead of a long fat message that blew my mind. grimacing

That's exactly why I'm here. I wish they would write in layman terms. Plus I like getting other sellers point of view on changes. 

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

wrote:

Can you not cash out daily now? I haven't sold there in a few years, but I always cashed out daily, or whenever I had a payment come in.  I know on Etsy you can cash out every day.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

On my account I can but from memory you have to build up to being able to do that. When you first start they have disbursement periods in place.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Sellers, can you..

wrote:
On my account I can but from memory you have to build up to being able to do that. When you first start they have disbursement periods in place.

Gotcha!

Makes sense, it's like Paypal's  seller hold. I guess if I were to ever go back selling there (not in this lifetime!) my payments would be held.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply