cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers - We need your input / comments on the Product Catalog board

Hi All,

This is a request ~ not a rant in any way.  I'm speaking to you in a conversational tone of voice about an ongoing issue and asking politely for your help.

If you have experience attempting to list an item only to find the product catalog information is wrong, we want to hear from you on the Product Catalog board.  If you have submitted corrections but have seen no updates, we want to hear the details from you.  If you have given up submitting merchandise for catalog inclusion because you have been denied, we want to hear from you.

Do you have to type "Does Not Apply" in the UPC box on the listing form to avoid catalog item specifics misinformation from appearing in your listing?  Afraid of SNAD or other negative buyer response because the catalog does not match the item you are selling?

Typing Does Not Apply instead of inputting the package UPC on the listing form to avoid having Product Reviews show up on your listing?  Please come and tell us why on the Product Catalog board.

I received 4 positive feedbacks recently where the buyer mentioned puzzle piece size as "not larger than regular pieces as stated."  Huh?  My puzzle listings do not state the size of pieces.  After spending some time searching other puzzle listings I found one where the seller stated "the pieces in the 300 count size are larger than the 500 count ones."  Apparently that statement was swept up by the bots and is now included in the catalog description for that brand.

(What sizes?  What are the measurements?  What brands are being compared? I sure don't know).

And I recently discovered that a listing of mine where I am giving a free gift with purchase is now part of the catalog info.  My listing for a Left Center Right Dice Game includes the words: "with free blue velvet drawstring storage bag" in the title and I added it as a one-off item specific to my listing only.  Product Catalog specifics now include:  Free Gift - blue velvet storage bag.  I've seen it show up on item specifics in other seller's listings now.  They probably don't know it's there unless they check their listings often.  Some sellers of the identical item are using "Does Not Apply" instead of inputting the correct UPC in the listing form.  Is this why?

How long before a seller gets a SNAD or neg feedback because they didn't send THEIR buyer MY free gift?

Please, if you have had difficulty using the Product Catalog when listing or find some odd verbiage added to your listing, come and post about it on the Product Catalog board.

We are hoping that many voices will prompt syedmhaq, head of the PC team, or one of his underlings to interact with us and work with us to resolve these issues before they get further out of hand.  

Those of us (many just silent readers now) who frequent the Product Catalog board looking for answers hope you will join us.  And, hopefully, so will members of the PC team.

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0