cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says not delivered, tracking says location unsafe left notice.

Buyer is saying he never recieved the item. Well he saying i never shipped it. Tracking is stating that there was a delivery attempt. That it was unsafe and a notice was left. Does that count as being delivered. What do I do? Do I just refund the measly $30 so that I don't get a defect, or try to fight it?

I asked him what local post office and he didn't respond. Should I call my local post office? Would they even know? 

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely, William 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Seller says not delivered, tracking says location unsafe left notice.

@mam98031 wrote:

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Buyer can open INR through PayPal so be sure to communicate to him that it is at his post office. You want to be sure to resolve cases, preferably not through CS.
It's not the end of it.

You should have waited for us to answer before calling eBay.

If a buyer were to do that, not only would the seller win with the current information on the tracking, the buyer would get in trouble with Ebay for filing the INR, IF PP even allowed it to be filed in the first place.  In PP if you try to open a claim within 30 days of payment, they auto sends you to Ebay.

Since the eBay case is now closed, wouldn't PayPal allow a dispute to be opened, and then escalated immediately to a claim?

And wouldn't that PayPal case be closed in favor of the buyer because the bot cannot see the word "Delivered" in tracking?

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Seller says not delivered, tracking says location unsafe left notice.

@tarpedge wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Buyer can open INR through PayPal so be sure to communicate to him that it is at his post office. You want to be sure to resolve cases, preferably not through CS.
It's not the end of it.

You should have waited for us to answer before calling eBay.

If a buyer were to do that, not only would the seller win with the current information on the tracking, the buyer would get in trouble with Ebay for filing the INR, IF PP even allowed it to be filed in the first place.  In PP if you try to open a claim within 30 days of payment, they auto sends you to Ebay.

Since the eBay case is now closed, wouldn't PayPal allow a dispute to be opened, and then escalated immediately to a claim?

And wouldn't that PayPal case be closed in favor of the buyer because the bot cannot see the word "Delivered" in tracking?

PP might allow a claim to be opened.  I'm not sure why they would immediately escalate it to a claim as you stated, I don't know what purpose that would serve.  But this would still be a violation of the Ebay rules.  If it were to happen, the first thing to do would be to contact PP.  I would respond to the claim and then immediately call them.  

Let them know that the buyer had filed the same claim in Ebay and lost.  Chances are pretty high PP would close the case in the seller's favor for two reasons.  1.  They had already filed a claim in Ebay and lost.  2.  The tracking shows delivery was attempted.

Now of course anything can happen.  PP is far more reasonable in processing claims in my experience than Ebay.  I don't think there is a big risk here and/or that it is commonplace for buyers to do this.

The thing to watch for is a chargeback.  That is started at the CCC, not Ebay or PP.  If the buyer paid with a CC, they could do this.  Keep in mind that just because a buyer files a chargeback does NOT mean they auto win.  CCCs don't take this process lightly.  The buyer still has to prove their case.  And in this particular case the seller has some good proof.  This is why I suggested that the OP make a hard copy of all the info regarding this sale.  Sales records, PP records, emails, tracking, etc.  Because CCCs and PP allow up to 180 days to file a claim.  Ebay records and USPS records are not easily optained after 90 days and sometimes you can't get them at all.

Now with all that said.  The OP is doing a great job and at this point all is good.  While there is a slim chance that something else will happen using PP, it isn't likely.  I say, be prepared, then don't worry about it unless something happens.  There are more important things to deal with.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 32
latest reply