cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller fees/ negative feedback when the buyer does not pay for the item

I think the system is not fair for sellers. If I sell a car and the "buyer" decides to give the run around and never buys the car, eBay should not charge a $50 insertion fee. There is no penalty for the buyer that just buys something and never contacts you and never shows up. Secondly, as a seller you can't even leave negative feedback. First, you get screwed out of $50, second you can't even leave negative feedback, third when you repost the car other interested buyers assume something is wrong with the car!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When you closed the UPI your FVF wasn't credited back to you?  Geesh .. that IS unfair.  I di'dn't realize you don't get your fees back.  Did the UPI close?

Regarding negative feedback, while you can't leave it, you can stick it to this non-paying drone by opening and closing a UP.  His account then gets a strike against them.  Two of those and most sellers won't do business with them going forward.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Motors is a whole different ball-o-wax.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Vehicle listings on eBay Motors are non-binding according to eBay policy.

They do not obligate the buyer to pay and fulfil the sale.

eBay charges a 'successful listing fee' for vehicles which get a 'winner'.

eBay policy states they charge that fee regardless if the buyers goes through with the purchase, or not.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

When you close an unpaid ire case you get final credit fees back, but not $50 insertion fees. Also, it's ridiculous that it takes 3 UPI before they take action. That means you have to screw someone three times before they decide to do anything, and you still can't leave negative feedback. That's so stupid

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That's ridiculous. They need process control over non paying bidders. I see cars selling all the time with the reserve met, next thing you know they're on there next week. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply