cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller closes their account

After a week of experiencing a runaround in sending my item,  it said  it was finally sent. I ask for a tracking number and get no response. Then I find they sent it to the wrong address.  So I ask for a refund and the seller deletes their account. 🙄 Did I lose my money?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How did the seller get the wrong address?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I live out in the middle of no where and I have a very small PO. It said this message yesterday on a tracking site-

Delivered, PO Box. Your item has been delivered and is available at a PO Box at 12:08 pm on October 16, 2023

so I went over and the postal worker said I didnt get anything. I called back with a tracking number and she said it went in another mailbox that package. The package came in with another PO address on it. She said she doesnt look at names on packages🙄 Filed a didnt get item and the seller then deletes his account.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@ledz58 wrote:

After a week of experiencing a runaround in sending my item,  it said  it was finally sent. I ask for a tracking number and get no response. Then I find they sent it to the wrong address.  So I ask for a refund and the seller deletes their account. 🙄 Did I lose my money?

It can take about 6 months after the last transaction to close an account.

If the account was abruptly closed I wonder if they lost favor with eBay so eBay closed it.

Did you start the process with eBay to get a refund?  Go to you order and click on "I didn't receive it" to start the process.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

6 months... yeah I did file a didn't receive it. Their account says  No longer a registered user.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

They must to have got into trouble with eBay and eBay closed the account.

Since eBay closed the account they should be able to help you.  Do you know how to contact them on Facebook?  You can explain what happened and they should honor the Money Back Guarantee.

There are some scams where items are sent to the wrong address to make it appear to eBay the item has been delivered.  This makes it very difficult to get a refund.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yes it appears that way. I don't understand how another person can keep a package with your name on it though. I explained in my return that it was sent to the wrong address.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Go to EBAY Help and request a call from an EBAY Customer Service Rep.   Explain what happened and ask EBAY to give you a refund.   Even if Seller is no longer active EBAY can give you a "complimentary refund" as they want to make customers happy.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Get a statement from the USPS that is was sent to the wrong address.  If this is a scam it did not necessarily have to have your name on the package.  Anyone can search the internet for a address near yours and find a name to go with the PO Box.

With the Tracking Number ask your Post Master to look up the specifications of the shipment such as package size and weight.  If the delivered item was a envelope weighing 2 ounces but you ordered a dish that would weigh a couple of pounds this would be good to offer to eBay.

I think since eBay already closed their account they must to have been violating some rules and this should help you.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks I was gonna get ahold of one tomorrow.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is the address you have on file with ebay the correct address?

If yes, and the package was not delivered to you, you should have no trouble getting your money back.

If no, you probably will not get your money back.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 11
latest reply