cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Account still restricted, being targeted/politically motivated???

Ebay restricted my account for no apparent reason other than them saying in a message possible discrepancy with the information provided at registration, I uploaded pictures of my ID as requested last week and have called customer service over and over, but each rep says they don't know why I haven't been contacted back, reinstated or what the reason is for my account being restricted and that it's not normal.

The only reason behind what's happening I can think of is a day or so before my restriction, I had a listing removed for a Nonfunctional, machined "model" of a CZ Scorpion bolt carrier, the message said that it was an assault weapon part which is ridiculous because even if it was a real functional part, the CZ Scorpion Evo is sold in the USA as a semi-automatic pistol not a military, fully automatic, assault rifle. there are loads of semi-auto pistol parts on eBay Glock smith and Wesson etc. 

I'm at a loss, I would really like an answer behind the reasoning for restricting my account I spend a lot of money on this platform, which is probably going to stop or slow down, it seems PayPal and eBay are moving more and more to the crazy left like the other big tech companies...

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Seller Account still restricted, being targeted/politically motivated???

Update: My account is still restricted, I can't buy or sell, with no reason given, I have called over and over to try and get an answer as to why, but I was told that a decision would be made on oct 3 and that date has come and gone... still nothing.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Does your ID match EXACTLY to your account name as well as what is on the card you use for managed payouts? For example if you registered your name as John B. Smith but your card has the name John Smith only it will be kicked back. 

Did you pay with PayPal? If so it may not be eBay so much as you violated PayPal TOS which states you can not use their services to purchase or sell things that are illegal such as drugs, WEAPONS, ETC. unfortunately you are on eBays radar now for suspicious activity and I think you will likely be getting an email of permanent ban. 

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

The OP is referring to their  SELLING account not buying account.  Ref:   The post  headline wording.

My thought is they  have  yet to update their  selling account  to  Managed Payments, RE:  Their reference to PayPal in there  initial post. Their  last FB as a seller was more than a year ago and  as a buyer FB received  last month

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Update #2 I spoke to a manager days ago and she confirmed to me I had uploaded my required documents, ID front and back, and told me I wasn't being targeted and that they do this check on every seller's account randomly to assure updated information even though my account is almost 9 years old, why decide to do it now.... 

I told her that I'm glad I don't rely on eBay for my lively hood because this would be a horrible situation. She told me not to worry and that my account will be reinstated ASAP, but here we are once again days later with my account still restricted. I'v spoken to agents, managers, etc they all tell me everything is fine but I think there is something more going on here.

Here we are over a month later and my account is still restricted for apparently doing nothing wrong, I can't sell or buy, this is just insanity and a huge inconvenience...
For all of you asking if my ID name matches the name on the account and card for payout ect, yes everything is correct and matches, even my PayPal account all have the same name and address.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

You need a checking account in a bank in your own country.

The ID for all must match.

If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, you cannot have a bank account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith , a Managed Payment account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

You need to supply your SSN or ITFN (?).

You may be asked for other ID.

Once you are registered, you will still be considered a new/returning seller and your customer's cleared payment  will be Held for 30 days against your performance.

You can buy a shipping label with the Held funds.

When the Hold period is over your funds by default will be transferred  to your checking account weekly, on Tuesdays. You can opt for daily, biweekly, or monthly payments.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

It doesn't matter how old you account is.  eBay treats sellers, or like in your case as some one new to selling.  Just provide ebay with the documents that they are asking.  It might take a while, but your selling abilities will be restore.  Good luck on your selling journey.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

femmefan1946 is spot on.

Had you followed those  instructions to a T when you  were instructed to do so by eBay via several ANNOUNCEMENTS, about 2  years ago, you would have been good to go back then and would not have  had to a bit testy with a CSR.

When you snooze you loose.- ask Rip Van Winkle

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

"Seller Account still restricted, being targeted/politically motivated???"

How would eBay know your political affiliations?  How do you know the political affiliations of individual eBay employees?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I did follow the instructions the same day I received the email over a month ago, and like I have said the managers on the phone confirmed that there was nothing wrong and my account would be reinstated. More than one manager has said they would be pushing my case somehow and it would be restored quickly, but yet here I am over a month later and still, my account is restricted for no reason.. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I am thinking since I have sold firearm-related parts I am being targeted, everything I have sold or listed is perfectly legal and not against Ebays TOS, but I've heard from other sellers they have been targeting these accounts.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@prin-real wrote:

Ebay restricted my account for no apparent reason other than them saying in a message possible discrepancy with the information provided at registration, I uploaded pictures of my ID as requested last week and have called customer service over and over, but each rep says they don't know why I haven't been contacted back, reinstated or what the reason is for my account being restricted and that it's not normal.

The only reason behind what's happening I can think of is a day or so before my restriction, I had a listing removed for a Nonfunctional, machined "model" of a CZ Scorpion bolt carrier, the message said that it was an assault weapon part which is ridiculous because even if it was a real functional part, the CZ Scorpion Evo is sold in the USA as a semi-automatic pistol not a military, fully automatic, assault rifle. there are loads of semi-auto pistol parts on eBay Glock smith and Wesson etc. 

I'm at a loss, I would really like an answer behind the reasoning for restricting my account I spend a lot of money on this platform, which is probably going to stop or slow down, it seems PayPal and eBay are moving more and more to the crazy left like the other big tech companies...

For an overview go here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-accessories-policy?id=4277&s...

Pay particular attention to the line

Listings for firearms parts and accessories that we allow must follow these guidelines:

• The listing must clearly identify the part or accessory being sold as well as the type of firearm it fits ("type" can mean general use and not necessarily brand or manufacturer), for example, "This part can be used with bolt-action rifles"

QUESTION was your listing that specific? If not then it violated policy.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Here is the problem, you are probably right about all what you have written about the gun part, but chances are few people at eBay are experts in firearms to agree or understand what you are saying. For eBay, it is better to be safe than sorry. eBay would not want to find out something horrible in the news traced to a gun part bought on eBay. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Trust me, us 'lefties' own guns too.  We just don't brag about it. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Update #3 I have been informed by customer service management that it's definitely not the firearm part or anything related., MGMT confirmed there is no reason why my account is restricted as all my information is matching and I gave the required documents months ago, multiple managers have told me they are getting dozens or more calls per day from sellers with the same problem, many with decades-old accounts in good standing that have been restricted for months for no reason, basically, the office has been ignoring emails of sent by customer service managers and reps department and there is no other way to contact them. 

If you rely on eBay for your livelihood be careful, because this is happening to a lot of people without warning and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply