cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking VeRO advice. Anyone ever fight a VeRO takedown and win?

So after 3 weeks the company who had ebay take down my listing admits they were wrong and sent me this email after my latest inquiry:  "I have sent another email to ebay to reinstate your listing and remove any negative marks against you. "

The listing was never reinstated.

Is this supposed to happen on it's own or do I need to contact ebay?

Will I need to create a new listing or will ebay the bring the old listing back from the dead?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

My one experience was this was some time ago, but I had to relist it it myself. IIRC, the notification language was like a general permission grant, i.e., the ability to relist the item was reinstated, rather than the listing itself.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have a few and managed to beat them all. BUT I would suggest waiting to relist. In every case I got an email from eBay a few days after the appeal results stating that the appeal had been approved and it was safe to relist. I get the sense that until eBay officially acknowledges the appeal you run the risk of having it taken down again because the BOTS do not know the appeal was successful. Once I got that email then I relisted and everything was fine.

And yes you will have to list it as if it was new. The original listing and gone and irretrievable. Unless of course you have a copy on your own computer. I do and I suggest it always for cases just like this.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

@richard1rst 

Thank you both for your advice.

You were both right.

I just received a email from ebay with a link to re-list the item.

Chalk one up for the underdog.   😃

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Congratulations on winning this!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Congratulations 🎊🍾 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply